Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Per my dealer I cannot change the seats in the order of a first edition (it comes with leather yet not the sporty ones with the knee extenders)

Are these better than the other ones? Any recommendations?

I thought of configuring my own Stelvio instead of taking a first edition. Does that make any sense or should I go with FE?

Thanks for the help

·
Read Only
849 Posts
The 1° edition seats are great, top quality leather very confortable and sporty.
10.000km in 2 months and I'm very big and heavy

·
Registered
47 Posts
seats do extend

I test drove 2 different Stelvios and both had extenders for behind knee. It is manual adjustment though.

Hi guys
Per my dealer I cannot change the seats in the order of a first edition (it comes with leather yet not the sporty ones with the knee extenders)

Are these better than the other ones? Any recommendations?

I thought of configuring my own Stelvio instead of taking a first edition. Does that make any sense or should I go with FE?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were they a first edition? The first edition here has the seats with no extenders, and they told me I cannot order different seats with the fe...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I assumed they were first edition because they were already on the lot and this was back in late July I think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got FE with the standard seats. The car is great and drives perfectly but the seats are really annoying. Is it possible to retrofit FE with sport seats? Can I even purchase entire seats at the dealership?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have read professional (car magazine) reviews where the reviewer found the base seat uncomfortable for long drives. Could be the reviewer is just sensitive, like my wife. I have sport seats and they are comfortable.

·
Registered
536 Posts
love the sport seats in mine. I do think for anyone who is not thin to at most average size (ie a wide person) the side bolster will make it extremely uncomfortable, the sport seats are actually pretty narrow. To buy the factory seats I'd expect they'd probably charge several thousand dollars for a set.

I got FE with the standard seats. The car is great and drives perfectly but the seats are really annoying. Is it possible to retrofit FE with sport seats? Can I even purchase entire seats at the dealership?

·
Registered
55 Posts
love the sport seats in mine. I do think for anyone who is not thin to at most average size (ie a wide person) the side bolster will make it extremely uncomfortable, the sport seats are actually pretty narrow. To buy the factory seats I'd expect they'd probably charge several thousand dollars for a set.

[/QUOTE
]

I love my sport seat. I noticed my seat cushion does not tilt, meaning the front of the seat does not angle up or down. The manual and the order form says the sport seats are 12 way seats including tilting. Has anyone else noticed this? Do your seats tilt up and down? I feel like my car came from the factory with the 10 way button instead of the 12 way button. My dealer is looking into it but you guys seem to know more than the average dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Base seats here but one criticism in media is that the front pivots. Being relatively vertically challenged (5'5") the comfort is great for me and no complaints here now that I'm fully used to it. Hope it's not an issue for you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Base seats here but one criticism in media is that the front pivots. Being relatively vertically challenged (5'5") the comfort is great for me and no complaints here now that I'm fully used to it. Hope it's not an issue for you.
It is not a deal breaker or anything but at this price point the seats should be equal to the competition. My wife’s Jeep Renegade has the option to tilt the front of the power seat and it’s half the price. Also, since I saw in the manual that the seat is supposed to tilt I want to make sure my car didn’t come with a defect.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
What does your monroney sticker say? I have the TI Sport and my Monroney says 6 way driver and passenger. One quirk so far with Alfa here in the US is that the manual and brochure do not always match reality. It is either poor copy and paste or a rush to get the car to market and some of these options never made it to our cars. The Stelvio brochure talsk about 12 way on TI trims, but I definitely don't have that.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sport seats are 12 way. Forward/back and seat back up/down (4). Up/down height (6). Bolster in/out (8). 4 way lumbar (12). As these things are measured it’s technically correct. Tilt for the seat would be nice though even if the seats don’t really need it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sport seats are 12 way. Forward/back and seat back up/down (4). Up/down height (6). Bolster in/out (8). 4 way lumbar (12). As these things are measured it’s technically correct. Tilt for the seat would be nice though even if the seats don’t really need it.
Bolster does not count according to the order guide. It says 12way PLUS power bolster. See pic. Like I said, not the end of the world but when you get the best seats I expect them to do what the manufacturer says.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
What does your monroney sticker say? I have the TI Sport and my Monroney says 6 way driver and passenger. One quirk so far with Alfa here in the US is that the manual and brochure do not always match reality. It is either poor copy and paste or a rush to get the car to market and some of these options never made it to our cars. The Stelvio brochure talsk about 12 way on TI trims, but I definitely don't have that.
The sticker says 6 way as standard equipment. If you look at your sticker it will say “unless replaced by options or package.” In our case, anyone with the Ti Sport package gets the sport seats with 12 way power plus power bolster and manual extended thigh support. Overall the seats are great just curious that they don’t match the order guide or manual.

·
Registered
378 Posts
huh?

My Stelvio was manufactured in June 2017 and has Sport Package with corresponding Sport seats which included the knee extenders. These seats are fantastic for long drives.

Help me understand this: Do the newly built Stelvio's with Sport Package not have them?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts