Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dealership informed me during my weekly status call that my Stelvio has been built and is finally on a boat and has even left Italy (placed order on Feb 22). Dealership has no idea when it left or how long the journey is or when it will reach port in USA - but the destination is Baltimore.

So I did some research (this might be wrong so take it with a grain of salt)...

https://www.grimaldi.napoli.it/en/r...trengthens_its_presence_in_civitavecchia.html

It takes 13 days from the port at Civitavecchia (30 miles from Rome) non-stop to Baltimore for FIA cars built in Italy (Alfa Stelvio built in Cassino Assembly Plant about 68 miles from Rome). Then it will probably sit in Baltimore for a few weeks...

West Coast cars go to San Diego via the Panama Canal - no idea how long that takes.

Reactions: Scalewoodman

·
Registered
84 Posts
Interesting. I ordered a Giulia on Feb, 22. According to MacGeek it was built April 5. Dealer has no information on current location. It's hard to believe that there is no way to track something as large as a car when UPS, Fedex and even USPS can track millions of small packages daily.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Interesting. I ordered a Giulia on Feb, 22. According to MacGeek it was built April 5. Dealer has no information on current location. It's hard to believe that there is no way to track something as large as a car when UPS, Fedex and even USPS can track millions of small packages daily.
Contact Alfa Chat via the Alfa Romeo USA website. As long as you have your VIN or VON they can pull into for you. I’d expect it to be in the port authority or on a transporter currently. My March 13 build just arrived.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I beg to differ - I have a vin and a von and AR couldn't tell me anything - they were going to research it and get back to me, and they haven't called back. They have no idea, which is the same situation they had when early giulia quads were being shipped. One would think that they would learn from the issues/complaints they got back then, but apparently not.
the US management shake up certainly didn't result in any changes regarding deliveries/tracking.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Same story. Gave Ashlea my VON and VIN and they have no info. Good thing they're not dealing in nuclear weapons.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So my dealership informed me during my weekly status call that my Stelvio has been built and is finally on a boat and has even left Italy (placed order on Feb 22). Dealership has no idea when it left or how long the journey is or when it will reach port in USA - but the destination is Baltimore.

So I did some research (this might be wrong so take it with a grain of salt)...

https://www.grimaldi.napoli.it/en/r...trengthens_its_presence_in_civitavecchia.html

It takes 13 days from the port at Civitavecchia (30 miles from Rome) non-stop to Baltimore for FIA cars built in Italy (Alfa Stelvio built in Cassino Assembly Plant about 68 miles from Rome). Then it will probably sit in Baltimore for a few weeks...

West Coast cars go to San Diego via the Panama Canal - no idea how long that takes.
Great research and information. I ordered my Stelvio Ti Sport about a week after you so hopefully on the same or similar shipping schedule. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
You know those romans and there rowboats hehe.....This was precisely why I went with a TiSport for now. Once the initial demand gets caught up and the palate expands etc, it will be a better time to order. Your patience will be rewarded!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
About 13 or 14 days after my car left Italy it arrived in Baltimore yesterday. So my theoretical 13 day shipping timeframe seems to be borne out. My dealership 130 miles away from the port in Baltimore is saying that there is a small chance I might get the car in the next two weeks (beyond which I am on vacation in Asia until July).

·
Registered
84 Posts
How did you find out that it arrived in Baltimore? Local dealer says they don't get any info until car shows up at their location.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
one things for sure, my stelvio Q won't be in the parking lot gathering attention at this weeks Greenwich concours.
oh, and it didn't drive to Montreal last week.
as of yesterday my dealer has heard nothing, and AR has still not called me back.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
I had first service Tuesday and the Sales Manager said they are having a problem actually oversold on some models and cars stuck in Baltimore at the port. I should have asked more questions but especially Giulias are in short supply + customer orders. Looking forward to you getting yours, Lost.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had first service Tuesday and the Sales Manager said they are having a problem actually oversold on some models and cars stuck in Baltimore at the port. I should have asked more questions but especially Giulias are in short supply + customer orders. Looking forward to you getting yours, Lost.
I'd love to hear more about Baltimore port issue if anyone knows anything. I've been waiting several weeks for my Stelvio thats "stuck in port" as well. Dealership has no info and can't get phone calls returned from anyone there. It has been very frustrating... I'm not sure why Alfa runs their US business so poorly but communication, efficiency, and general knowledge is in short supply here. They will surely fail if they don't get it together. I love the Stelvio but am close to seeing the difficulty in getting delivery -or even basic information about the delivery - of my Stelvio as a sign that I should look at another brand.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
How did you find out that it arrived in Baltimore? Local dealer says they don't get any info until car shows up at their location.
I called the dealer and left a voicemail asking status and the sales manager somehow looked it up on their computer and called me back with info a few hours later.

Also found my Mulroney window sticker at the Chrysler website using my VIN (matches my order perfectly):
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=ZASFAKNN4J7C99999
(replace VIN at end of URL with your own VIN)

Depressed to hear about delays at Baltimore port - did some searching but couldn't find any more info.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Based on my delivery experience the window sticker seems to generate after the vehicle clears customs. So you hopefully have a couple weeks left to wait.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sadly I go on vacation in two weeks time to Bali (that sounds odd to say) so might not be able to pick up the car until July when I get back...

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Bali is nice - I'd rephrase that to "sadly AR (still) doesn't have their @#!& together, so I'm going to Bali to forget about it for awhile"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm finally getting slightly annoyed by the incredible delays at getting my Stelvio (ordered 22 Feb). The vehicle is still at the Baltimore port and has been there since Memorial day.

On Mon 11th June the sales manager at my dealership called the Alfa agent for this region to ask what was the delay and was told the Stelvios were getting a software update over that weekend (9th and 10th June - not sure why it didn't happen the two weeks sitting there prior to that) and that Herculean 10 minute task was now complete. So we were all expecting the trailer with many Alfas including mine to make the 3 hour drive to the dealership sometime this week. Sadly is was not to be - my car is still at the port as of Fri night with next delivery on Mon 18th at the earliest...

The sales manager is more upset than I am - he has several other SOLD Alfas sitting at Port of Baltimore for almost three weeks now including his first two Quads, and he has to pay for them the moment they arrive at port, not when they get to his dealership (or so he tells me). I now have to wait until July to see my car after returning from vacation - hopefully it will be able to make that 130 mile journey sometime between Memorial Day and July 4th.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm finally getting slightly annoyed by the incredible delays at getting my Stelvio (ordered 22 Feb). The vehicle is still at the Baltimore port and has been there since Memorial day.

On Mon 11th June the sales manager at my dealership called the Alfa agent for this region to ask what was the delay and was told the Stelvios were getting a software update over that weekend (9th and 10th June - not sure why it didn't happen the two weeks sitting there prior to that) and that Herculean 10 minute task was now complete. So we were all expecting the trailer with many Alfas including mine to make the 3 hour drive to the dealership sometime this week. Sadly is was not to be - my car is still at the port as of Fri night with next delivery on Mon 18th at the earliest...

The sales manager is more upset than I am - he has several other SOLD Alfas sitting at Port of Baltimore for almost three weeks now including his first two Quads, and he has to pay for them the moment they arrive at port, not when they get to his dealership (or so he tells me). I now have to wait until July to see my car after returning from vacation - hopefully it will be able to make that 130 mile journey sometime between Memorial Day and July 4th.
Hopefully you will have it soon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts