Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 MINI Cooper and the Sirius interface allows me to view the listings by Channel, Artist or Song Title. In the Stelvio, it seems the only listing option is the Channel list. I love seeing the title of the song playing in the list. If I see a song I like, I can switch to it. In the Stelvio, since you can only see the channels, you have to surf the channels to see/hear what song is playing. You would think the Alfa, being four years newer than my MINI would have a better Sirius interface. Am I missing something?

Also, when selecting “Browse” on Alfa, it always starts at the first channel, not the station that is currently on. I’ve added most of the channels I like to the “Favorites” so there are not so many to browse, but it’s still kind of a PITA to start at the beginning each time.

I emailed Customer Assistance about this and they told me to call SiriusXM Listener Support. I really don’t think Sirius Support can change the interface on a Stelvio radio. I would love to see the interface updated, but I have a feeling it is not a priority for Alfa Romeo. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I've added images of the MINI Sirius interface so you can see exactly what I am talking about. I appreciate any input.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also, when selecting “Browse” on Alfa, it always starts at the first channel, not the station that is currently on. I’ve added most of the channels I like to the “Favorites” so there are not so many to browse, but it’s still kind of a PITA to start at the beginning each time.

Go into the settings. You can select to have the current station on and playing when you restart your car.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am not talking about when I start the car. When I press "Browse" to change a channel, it always starts on the first channel.
Mine does the same thing. If I am listening to station #4 on my presets, when I push the "forward" button on the steering wheel, the first station in my presets comes up. Would prefer that #5 would come up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Karl - you can change that setting somewhere in options so that the "forward" button goes to the next station instead of going to your next preset...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Karl - you can change that setting somewhere in options so that the "forward" button goes to the next station instead of going to your next preset...
I have "forward" setting set to index through my presets intentionally. What I don't like is that the first press of the "forward" button takes me to #1 preset, even if I am on #4 preset. Would prefer that it would select the #5 preset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts