Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Ti Alfa white with Chocolate interior, premium package.
288 Posts
I added a gopedal…now all these lag issues are in my rear view mirror and I’ve never looked back

It’s snappy now and that’s saved my bacon lots of times when I needed to get out of an intersection quickly
I’m getting 23,6 mpg in mixed driving and 50% D vs N . I Never use A except in snow.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I added a gopedal…now all these lag issues are in my rear view mirror and I’ve never looked back

It’s snappy now and that’s saved my bacon lots of times when I needed to get out of an intersection quickly
Yeah I think im going to get a gopedal also. No one has given an explanation of why they're bad. If you use brake torque then you are doing the same thing as the gopedal is doing for you. I hate it so much I have thought about getting rid of the car over it. It drives so quickly once the turbo kicks in that it's fooling me in to thinking it should be fast of the start. That's their fault for me expecting it. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
You're describing a basic characteristic of every boosted 2.0 engine on the market. It just takes some time for the turbo to spool up and develop enough boost to move the vehicle with authority.

Using a bit of brake torque for those times when you want to launch hard won't hurt anything at all.

Keep in mind a 2.0 liter engine is just 122 cubic inches. When asked to move around a 4,000 lb. SUV with an automatic transmission, you're never going to have the same off the line throttle response as a naturally aspirated engine with more displacement and the same power rating.
Makes perfect sense, thanks for the explanation. i think i'll clean my MAF for kicks to see what it does for me.

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Ti Alfa white with Chocolate interior, premium package.
288 Posts
How do you not drive in D all the time? :) Maybe i have a problem.
Before gopedal I was in D 100%. Now it can be a bit twitchy for passengers and I find that N now provides a really good and predictable linear mapping similar to na v6 better suited for everyday driving.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Given the difference in throttle response I am experiencing after cleaning my MAF.... If you have a 2018 and the throttle seems sluggish... Clean the MAF. Probably won't help for everyone but it's cheap and easy and might help some people.

The difference is enough I am having to give less pedal pressure when accelerating from a stop while behind other cars. Keep in mind I didn't notice a problem before, but I have also had the car from new and doubtless adapted to the gradual changes.

Compared to how it was before though.... It is downright snappy now. N feels more like D used to from a stop, D is better yet. Don't use A except off road, sometimes. The difference is most noticable right at tip-in.
Sluggish response on my 2018 Milano. Then dealer renewed the fuel pump and no problem since then apart from very slight turbo lag

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
The thread initiator needs to read their owners manual. A mode is advanced economy...the whole idea is slowed responses and increased economy as a result.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Yea I too am guilty of resurrecting a few old threads...........oops

21 - 30 of 30 Posts