Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought and installed the OEM Smoke Tail lights from the Mopar store for the Stelvio? If so, do you have pics or will you take pics? I’ve seen the pics on the website but I wanted to see them in natural lighting and not just camera lights. Think I may want to invest in them to make my stromboli gray Stelvio look more stealthy.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Has anyone bought and installed the OEM Smoke Tail lights from the Mopar store for the Stelvio? If so, do you have pics or will you take pics? I’ve seen the pics on the website but I wanted to see them in natural lighting and not just camera lights. Think I may want to invest in them to make my stromboli gray Stelvio look more stealthy.
I "smoked" them with tinted film on the oem taillight. Cheaper and all great.
Check on my Project Stelvio´s Thread.
https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/271-stelvio-projects/8455-stelvio-diesel-project-qv-edizione-14.html

·
Registered
215 Posts
Reactions: Flunx

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’ve been wanting to see the side-by-side as well. I’m just starting my black out journey with the Nero logos on back and the oem carbon grill. It would be nice to see the comparison.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I "smoked" them with tinted film on the oem taillight. Cheaper and all great.
Check on my Project Stelvio´s Thread.
https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/271-stelvio-projects/8455-stelvio-diesel-project-qv-edizione-14.html
Not quite the same as the OEM Smoked taillamps have a larger clear area compared to the original ones in addition to be tinted..
I agree with NYC on this one, as nice as your smoke tint is, and it looks really sharp against against your white car, the OEM ones dont cover up the lights which could cause me to be pulled over in my state. However, I really want to see them side by side and in natural light before I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I agree with NYC on this one, as nice as your smoke tint is, and it looks really sharp against against your white car, the OEM ones dont cover up the lights which could cause me to be pulled over in my state. However, I really want to see them side by side and in natural light before I pull the trigger.

@Dawncampbell76 and @NYCSTELVIO

Sure it is not the same...:wink not even close.

But "cover up the lights" is the trade of... between a 50/70€ mod and 2 new taillight... that probably cost 700€..
If I needed to replace by crash .. I would consider.. but simply change.. and pay about ten times plus for a similar cosmetic change.
I know that it can sound strange from me that change a lots of parts on mine. (simply priority on what to be done on my Stelvio)
I rather like them tinted like I did. (would do again)

:devil Flavio

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here is a photo of them installed..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Tinting taillights should be illegal. Anything that reduces the brightness of the lights. That is precisely why the Mopar units keep the lighted area clear/enlarged. This is a foolish mod done incorrectly and does deserve a ticket. I live in a very foggy area and every lumen counts!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Tinting taillights should be illegal. Anything that reduces the brightness of the lights. That is precisely why the Mopar units keep the lighted area clear/enlarged. This is a foolish mod done incorrectly and does deserve a ticket. I live in a very foggy area and every lumen counts!!
This is absolutely correct..In fact some OEM manufacturers (Acura and Porsche that I know from firsthand experience) will incorporate brighter LEDs for their factory smoked taillight kits (ie: Cayenne GTS and MDX 2010-2013) so this tells you how detrimental taillight tinting film is to light output

Reactions: ViscontiVerde 164L*

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here is another pic of the actual taillights installed onto a Stelvio..

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those look great!! I need to get some for the Quad!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts