Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Stelvio TI with 3D Nav will not let me see or hear Text messages through the infotainment system. The dealer told me it could. The car shows a grayed out option on the screen, but will not let me highlight it. I have an iPhone with up to date software. My Stelvio also has the most updated software from the dealer. There is nothing in the user’s manual that discusses this option. My dealer tells me his Android phone works fine with the Stelvio SMS option. Do any of you have insights into this dilemma? I was hoping to use these feature in my new Stelvio. Thanks for the insights.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My new Stelvio TI with 3D Nav will not let me see or hear Text messages through the infotainment system. The dealer told me it could. The car shows a grayed out option on the screen, but will not let me highlight it. I have an iPhone with up to date software. My Stelvio also has the most updated software from the dealer. There is nothing in the user’s manual that discusses this option. My dealer tells me his Android phone works fine with the Stelvio SMS option. Do any of you have insights into this dilemma? I was hoping to use these feature in my new Stelvio. Thanks for the insights.

Ask the dealer to Demo his claims for you.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
make sure it's enabled on your phone under Bluetooth settings. text sync works fine on mine (Android), however it won't allow me to see any messages when the car is moving, text to speech only :-\

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks SailDrive for SMS Fix

Greetings and thanks for the good guidance. I went to Settings, Bluetooth, Alfa Connection: Info. Then enable “Show Notifications.” That allowed me to highlight the Message Envelope on my Stelvio. The car was not running when I did this and it said I could not send messages with my phone. I will update this tomorrow when I try it with the car running. Still, thanks a lot for the Fix SailDrive!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: My Stelvio now will read aloud text messages that I get on my iPhone while driving. It will Not allow me to send the pre-written messages that the car has. Says my phone is not capable of that function. So, some progress, but am hoping to find out how to send the auto-responses like, “I am driving”. “Can you call me?” Thanks!

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
hmm, of course I've seen that option, but I've never actually tried to send a response... I'll give it a try tonight and let you know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In the Bluetooth settings on your phone you will need to turn on the notifications. By doing this you will get your Text messages in the vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts