Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Stelvio experienced a few glitches, nothing major just the oddities some seem to experience such as nav going black a couple of times, bluetooth acting odd, etc.

I took it in the the Alfa/Maserati dealer and they loaded in the gigantic software update (it took an hour).

I asked about the battery issue some have had, and was told the batteries are in short supply and they're doing some work around's as they await backorders.

They also said there were going to be several more Alfa models coming out in the next couple of years. They also held out hope that Apple CarPlay may be able to be added to the "older" Stelvios.

·
Registered
763 Posts
My Stelvio experienced a few glitches, nothing major just the oddities some seem to experience such as nav going black a couple of times, bluetooth acting odd, etc.

I took it in the the Alfa/Maserati dealer and they loaded in the gigantic software update (it took an hour).

I asked about the battery issue some have had, and was told the batteries are in short supply and they're doing some work around's as they await backorders.

They also said there were going to be several more Alfa models coming out in the next couple of years. They also held out hope that Apple CarPlay may be able to be added to the "older" Stelvios.
Hope the software update fixed your issues. What version number does your infotainment center show now and which version of maps do you have? Just want to compare to what I have.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
398 Posts

What's your build date for the Stelvio? Can you ask them for a technical write up of exactly what they updated? I was just in talking to the dealer a few days ago and they told me that there have been zero software updates for mine as of yet.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Have only seen a ecm update for the Stelvio, radio update may be new though, I’ll need to check.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My build date is 9/2017. I'm not sure which version my infotainment is... I'll have to dig through the screens...

I'll give them a call Monday and ask what was done. I didn't get any paperwork.

·
Registered
763 Posts
My build date is 9/2017. I'm not sure which version my infotainment is... I'll have to dig through the screens...

I'll give them a call Monday and ask what was done. I didn't get any paperwork.
Thanks, my build is 7/2017 and just wanted to to see if your infotainment software is the same as mine. My dealer told me just s few days ago it was the latest.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Confirm, only a new set for try to resolve the problem with the uncertainty of at8 on stop and start
Not sure if it’s a translation issue or autocorrect but I can’t seem to make sense of this....:confused:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Our friend Marzio is perhaps saying: "confirmed only the ECM update, it's to resolve the uncertainty (delay?) with the auto stop and start system.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just had my first service and software update....so far so good.

·
Registered
348 Posts
So they updated me with an outdated version?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally scrolled through the screens:

Software:
MV-002.009.005
TV-002.009.055

Maps

User Manual
UM-002.008.021

·
Registered
763 Posts
Finally scrolled through the screens:

Software:
MV-002.009.005
TV-002.009.055

Maps

User Manual
UM-002.008.021
Thanks, that is what I have, but I will need to check my users manual version.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
So they updated me with an outdated version?
no, the loaded the most recent version that's officially supported on the US spec cars. the newer version I loaded was technically a euro spec, but several US Giulia owners had already loaded it without problem, so I took the chance. Still not issues from doing it, working fine (can't actually tell any difference). the version I was running before was the same version you are running now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts