Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With much angst I sold my 2018 Volcano Ti. It has been a tremendous Alfa. I have barely been driving and with insurance, parking and payments remaining, not really getting my money’s worth. My kids are pissed. I have several other Alfas to drive for now.

I bought it as a replacement for a 2011 XJR when I was commuting 750 miles per week. Absolutely dead flat reliable and durable. A blast to drive with upgraded tires and brake pads. Never missed CarPlay or a sunroof or high end stereo. Loved adaptive cruise, used the spare tire once. Carried my dog crates. Bought with 7k miles as a dealer demo for $36k, drove it 37,000 miles (it has 45k now. I couldn’t get a great deal on an extended warranty although I felt the car was built on a good day. Still original battery manufactured in 2016, car was an early build in 2017 and went into service May 2018. COVID came and it mostly sits, have been using the Milano for a daily summer driver, 4c a lot and just got my GTV6 back after long build. I sold the Stelvio to Vroom for $27k

I was thinking I would buy a cheap salt car for NJ winters, but suspect that I will be back in another Stelvio Ti Sport or Quad by January. This has to be the best Alfa ever built!

Thanks for advice, I’ll stick around if you don’t mind 🙂.

I have a set of 235/55-19 Nokia’s R3 with at least one good winter left on them, unmounted. They are tremendous winter tires. PM me if you want them. Free.

·
Registered
56 Posts
With much angst I sold my 2018 Volcano Ti. It has been a tremendous Alfa. I have barely been driving and with insurance, parking and payments remaining, not really getting my money’s worth. My kids are pissed. I have several other Alfas to drive for now.

I bought it as a replacement for a 2011 XJR when I was commuting 750 miles per week. Absolutely dead flat reliable and durable. A blast to drive with upgraded tires and brake pads. Never missed CarPlay or a sunroof or high end stereo. Loved adaptive cruise, used the spare tire once. Carried my dog crates. Bought with 7k miles as a dealer demo for $36k, drove it 37,000 miles (it has 45k now. I couldn’t get a great deal on an extended warranty although I felt the car was built on a good day. Still original battery manufactured in 2016, car was an early build in 2017 and went into service May 2018. COVID came and it mostly sits, have been using the Milano for a daily summer driver, 4c a lot and just got my GTV6 back after long build. I sold the Stelvio to Vroom for $27k

I was thinking I would buy a cheap salt car for NJ winters, but suspect that I will be back in another Stelvio Ti Sport or Quad by January. This has to be the best Alfa ever built!

Thanks for advice, I’ll stick around if you don’t mind 🙂.

I have a set of 235/55-19 Nokia’s R3 with at least one good winter left on them, unmounted. They are tremendous winter tires. PM me if you want them. Free.
Peter A, Go for the Quad You wont regret it! I have had my 2019 now since March 2019 and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, Good Luck and looking forward to hearing You got the Quad! I am in Jersey also maybe we will run into each other.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No rims. I would just have my tire shop swap them. The benefit is the balance was always great.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@QUAD19 yeah look for me in one of the other cars for now maybe at NJMP if you go let me know, or for Cars and Croissants, or early in the Morning SaT/Sun at Sunday Motor Company in Madison. I feel the gravitation of the Quad already. Friggen Heroin for Alfa Lovers. Lucky I can get a fix with one of the others, for now.

Reactions: QUAD19
1 - 5 of 5 Posts