Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Thermometer way off, been years since this has been an issue.
2. Ipod incompatability....being researched and already discussed here.
3. The thrill is gone with listening to the **** front sensors every time the car starts because nose is close to fence while in park. THIS MUST BE REPROGRAMMED to only operate when car in drive. Granted its easy to just hit both buttons at startup but both items should be deletable in programming. I'll donate a gallon of gas to EU
4. Signals. love the triplet for lanne changing, but in every car I've had for the past 25 years, if you hold the signal short of the detent, the signal flashes till you let go. Please correct this.

Notice none of these niggles stop the car, are recalls or trouble. They are just a few shortsighted details that should easily be corrected with a few updates. Going on a month and 1800 miles and mechanically she is PERFECT.

·
Registered
386 Posts
#3 for sure is a annoying one!!!!

As clean as the dash is and I love it, that infotainment thing is taking a while to get used to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Add this one to the list: When stopping, the engine turns off (as designed if activated). When putting the car into park, the engine starts back up, only to be turned off by the button. I understand when the engine is stopped via the engine start/drop feature, the car is still "on" and it would have to be turned off at the button to turn the car "off." Thus, if the engine was off, but the car was still on, people would forget to turn the car off, which would leave everything else "on." So, I get the logic behind the engine starting up when placed into park, but it seems silly, pull into lot, stop, the engine turns off, put car in Park, engine turns on, turn car off with button.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Add this one to the list: When stopping, the engine turns off (as designed if activated). When putting the car into park, the engine starts back up, only to be turned off by the button. I understand when the engine is stopped via the engine start/drop feature, the car is still "on" and it would have to be turned off at the button to turn the car "off." Thus, if the engine was off, but the car was still on, people would forget to turn the car off, which would leave everything else "on." So, I get the logic behind the engine starting up when placed into park, but it seems silly, pull into lot, stop, the engine turns off, put car in Park, engine turns on, turn car off with button.

As a workaround rather than putting the car in park and having it start up and then pressing the start/stop button to turn off the car you can just press the start/stop button, this puts the transmission in park and turns the car off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As a workaround rather than putting the car in park and having it start up and then pressing the start/stop button to turn off the car you can just press the start/stop button, this puts the transmission in park and turns the car off.
Thanks Ranger, I will give it a try. Though force of habit makes me want to put the car in park before turning it off.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Some Oddities

Ben77059, the first thing I do after starting the car is inactivate the stop/start button. I understand the point of it but don't feel it makes that much difference milage wise, don't like feeling the car start up everytime I lift my foot off the brake after stopping and finally I live in Las Vegas. Its hot out here so when the engine goes off so does the AC and with a sunroof the inside of the car warms up fast. It's a piece of technology i just don't find that helpful. I'm getting over 22 mpg and I'm not a light foot.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This does seem a strange thing. Wife's car also has auto stop/start, but being a manual box, it starts again as soon as you depress the clutch pedal. I've never driven a car with an auto box and auto stop/start before. Do they all act like this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts