Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Quick question... I've gotten OEM parts from Mopar Online Parts before, and I swear when I went into the dealer, they actually ordered a replacement part for me from there as well (the little plug part if you don't have the dynamic cruise control on the front disappeared somehow). I've gotten a few things and have been happy, and as I'm not opposed to 3rd party parts, something always makes me feel a touch better. Call me crazy.

Was wondering if anyone else had checked out their site and had feedback on any of the 3 I'm considering. I've got a 2018 Stelvio TI, 4 cylinder turbo.

1) I didn't get the TI sport cause I didn't love the seats, and I loved the wood trim. I did like the aluminum pedals and they sell them for a good price. Anyone do this, and was the install tough at all?

2) LED Door projector lights... I know it sounds cheeky but I had them on my last vehicle (Audi Q5) and it was pretty cool. There are lots of cheapies out there and I can say if you're spending $20 on them, they're gonna stink. I wasn't even aware that these were an option on the newer Stelvio's but they are legit. Anyone add these on afterwards and have an opinion?

3) I'm looking at their all weather mats. There are 2 sets, and one is $20 cheaper than the others. Big difference appears to be the lightly more expensive ones come up on the sides, presumably to trap water in there and not just let it ooze onto the carpet. I know lots of folks are going with some other 3rd party ones as well so not sure if anyone has taken the plunge on these or not. I wish I could see these in person before pulling the trigger...

Lots of cool stuff on their site. I love the polished aluminum fuel cap. The family tells me I'm lame if I do that cause I'm the only one that sees it when I get gas, but it's mighty pretty and may be worth the price of admission to admire it when I do fill up. : ) As I said before, call me crazy.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey all,

Lots of cool stuff on their site. I love the polished aluminum fuel cap. The family tells me I'm lame if I do that cause I'm the only one that sees it when I get gas, but it's mighty pretty and may be worth the price of admission to admire it when I do fill up. : ) As I said before, call me crazy.

Thanks,
Sean
There's one small problem with that (other then the price), it doesn't have the attachment cord, so when you tank, you have no place to put the cap ;)

edit: correction, I think it does now :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought door projector lights with the Alfa logo from Amazon and they work fantastic. Easy to install too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am a big fan of OEM parts too, I get it. Ricambi Originali are two words that always make me smile when I get a box in the mail

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Sport
2 Posts
I got door lights from Amazon last week. Super easy install and look better than I imagined. I can’t get the link to post but it’s the ones sold by Grolish

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've bought door projectors in that price range before and they didn't work out well for me. Got really hot and burned out if the door was left open for a few minutes, and had to get replacements right away cause 1 of the 4 fell apart when being handled. Lasted a few weeks. How long have you had yours? Are they holding up?

I've had to pay for quality in the past, so the OEM Alfa ones don't shock me at around $140 instead of $20. I do love the logo that is projected in yours... More exciting than the OEM ones, but still strongly considering it. Still classy. : )

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have Grolish projectors also, same as in picture. They look good and have lasted. At $20 well worth it and very easy install. I put them in the back doors also. Be aware back door lights are a little narrower so some plastic has to be removed from the sides. Not noticable if stock lights are reinstalled.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Diggs - The ones on Mopar's sites are a pair of the OEM projector lights (says fits 2018 - 2020). It's the cursive "Alfa Romeo" and not the picture logo like the amazon ones, but I think it's pretty cool. Around $140 for the pair, but I may do it. If so, I'll get some pics and share.

Thanks for the recommendation on the mats. I'll check them out.

Sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts