Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio TI Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sound system "not available" warning lamp has been turning on and off ever since I bought my 2018 TI Sport 9 months ago. The sound system has always worked, but it does not sound fantastic. I just got around to scanning with MES and it says that channel 6 is open. Does anyone know where I should start looking for this? I assume that there is a wet or loose connection associated with that channel, but I have no idea which speaker or connection is channel 6.

The main reason that I finally scanned for this was that my check engine light has also come on for the last couple of weeks and I wanted to see what was going on with the engine. The engine code is from a gross leak in the evaporative emissions system. I hope it is only due to me not tightening the fuel tank cap enough.

I appreciate any advise anyone has.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio TI Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried listening to each speaker by itself, but they all have about the same level of sound. Sometimes the whole system seems to all of sudden sound better for a short period, but then goes back to it's normal mediocre state. It seems like the fault must disable the amplifier in some way that just lowers the maximum volume and reduces the sound quality. Also, I noticed that the system sounds better when playing from media versus the radio. The radio sounds very weak, but this might be unrelated.

I was hoping that someone who has access to the service information could tell me the significance of channel 6. Otherwise a will have to schedule a day trip to the nearest dealer that is about 150 miles away.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Something in the amp overheated. Fatal flaw of class D Amps...which this is. Doesn't happen often but....it happens. Often it's something that if you listen to the volume low or maybe drive with the windows open or A/C blasting it can cool enough to work right for a short period.. before it gets too hot again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts