Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys!
I just noticed that a new option (7UW - "Vetri ad isolamento acustico") appeared in the Italian configurator which means Soundproof glass. The option costs only 160 euros, I wonder what it includes, windshield, side windows or all together? I have some wind noise from side windows so it would be great if they become to install double glass. Perhaps they can be replaced with time.
Here is a link http://www.alfaromeopress.com/download/2018/ALFA-ROMEO/Listini/181108_Alfa-Romeo_Stelvio-MY19_Listino.pdf

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi guys!
I just noticed that a new option (7UW - "Vetri ad isolamento acustico") appeared in the Italian configurator which means Soundproof glass. ......so it would be great if they become to install double glass.
I doubt it would be double glass for that price... At most it would be an acoustic foil, which you could also add to your car at a price... ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it's not a pure price of the glass but the difference between regular glass and double.

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am also interested to see what is it.
Is there anyone from dealers/alfa side to check it?

I had a test drive and wind noise is really loud.

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
Something amiss with the weatherstripping or door seals- I am very sensitive to noise and do not have the issue. In fact, our Stelvio is very quiet, which I appreciate. This is an area I really feel they got right.

Compared to Audis (except A8) which have horrible road noise in my experience.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Something amiss with the weatherstripping or door seals- I am very sensitive to noise and do not have the issue. In fact, our Stelvio is very quiet, which I appreciate. This is an area I really feel they got right.

Thanks,

but I am comparing Stelvio wind noise with my xc60 2015. I ve driven 2 diesel and 1 petrol stelvio and wind noise is similar between 3 of them, so it is not problem with just specific one....

I meant that wind noise is loud at speeds over 110-120kmh. Engine noise is ok.

thats why I am interested to find out what is that 7uw option... to see can it actually help...

·
Registered
92 Posts

I have also noticed that there is some wind noise that come in right by the exterior mirrors. Its not a road noise or anything else. but I can feel the wind. Did anyone have any fix for that?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK.
So I found the next info:
- This option is called "Laminated glass" in the parts list. Googling for "car laminated glass" showing me images with the double glass.
- Price of the base side window is just 50 euro. So it could be true if this option costs 160 euro above.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I have also noticed that there is some wind noise that come in right by the exterior mirrors. Its not a road noise or anything else. but I can feel the wind. Did anyone have any fix for that?
Do not overinplate the tires. Greatly accentuates affects of wind

·
Registered
372 Posts
OK.
So I found the next info:
- This option is called "Laminated glass" in the parts list. Googling for "car laminated glass" showing me images with the double glass.
- Price of the base side window is just 50 euro. So it could be true if this option costs 160 euro above.
That's what I showed in the previous link in post #4, laminated is not the same as double glass.... ;)

It's like your front windscreen, which is also laminated. 2 panes of glass, with a foil/glue in between, all pressed together.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, 2 panes of glass that look like double glass. For some reason I always thought that this is double glass, maybe I called it wrong.
In any case, I think these side windows are good help in soundproofing cabin.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OEM numbers are:

But I can't find where to order, even dealer can't do it.

Maybe someone knows the Mopar numbers?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is pic. After 3500km I can tell it works... Now I m sad that only windshield and front side windows are soundproof...
Can you share your VIN here or in PM? I'll try to get Mopar OEM numbers.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes, 2 panes of glass that look like double glass. For some reason I always thought that this is double glass, maybe I called it wrong.
In any case, I think these side windows are good help in soundproofing cabin.
Depends...

If they are two panes stuck together, they are laminated glass - which by definition must be at least 2 panes. That can be for safety, strength, tint, sound etc.

"Double glass" can mean something else as there are glass configurations (most are not automotive applications) that can have an air or vacuum gap for insulation or other purposes (eg electronic dimming/frosting)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry, I was not clear. It should be called laminated glass. I am sure Alfa uses it for sound isolation, because option is called "Soundproof glass" if to be directly translated from Italian.
Anyway, I got it! I can let know what it gives later if someone is interested.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts