Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have loved Alfas since I was a young girl. I saved up every penny and owned a black Spider and red Veloce in my 20's. I think once the Alfa bug bites, you are hooked for life. There is something about these beautiful Italian machines that can't be explained to some people.

About a month ago I spotted a Vesuvio Gray Stelvio w/Red Interior and 20" rims. The car was beyond beautiful and I have not been the same sense.

I don't own a Stelvio (yet) and am following this forum closely to learn what options I should get or avoid. Ti AWD Sport. Any ideas when the Lusso option is available in the USA? The Stelvio Q sound amazing but 505 horsepower will get this Mom into trouble.

One of the things I love about Alfa is the brand is unique. I'm not your typical mom... I play the drums, love cars, love photography and prefer to travel to non-touristy places (Antarctica).

I drive an Audi A3 cabriolet which is loads of fun. Hubs drives a 2010 BMW 535i (manual) with 93K
miles. Not in a hurry to get rid of either.. since they are both paid for but I can't get Alfa off my mind.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have loved Alfas since I was a young girl. I saved up every penny and owned a black Spider and red Veloce in my 20's. I think once the Alfa bug bites, you are hooked for life. There is something about these beautiful Italian machines that can't be explained to some people.

About a month ago I spotted a Vesuvio Gray Stelvio w/Red Interior and 20" rims. The car was beyond beautiful and I have not been the same sense.

I don't own a Stelvio (yet) and am following this forum closely to learn what options I should get or avoid. Ti AWD Sport. Any ideas when the Lusso option is available in the USA? The Stelvio Q sound amazing but 505 horsepower will get this Mom into trouble.

One of the things I love about Alfa is the brand is unique. I'm not your typical mom... I play the drums, love cars, love photography and prefer to travel to non-touristy places (Antarctica).

I drive an Audi A3 cabriolet which is loads of fun. Hubs drives a 2010 BMW 535i (manual) with 93K
miles. Not in a hurry to get rid of either.. since they are both paid for but I can't get Alfa off my mind.
Yay, a women who likes cars..I've always been teased about my obsession over my cars:smile
It's hard to get the car out of your mind, I'm having that problem myself..like the commercial says "all the same, all lame" but too many "ifs" and "if equipped" at this point to pull the trigger so I suffer...:crying

·
Registered
241 Posts
Reading your post about your love for Alfa's brings tears to my eyes. The world is a better place with you in it! Forza Alfa!

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
What Karlf said. Welcome!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Getting any sort of commitment from Alfa as to when "late availability" features are coming has been difficult.
That being said, January has been good so far for a couple of additions to finally be orderable so hopefully the Lusso option comes soon.
In my case I regularly contacted Alfa customer care on their 1-800 number and also on Facebook Messenger to check on the option I wanted before ordering. I found out it was available before it was made public or the dealer actually knew about it. Be persistent if you want answers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Getting any sort of commitment from Alfa as to when "late availability" features are coming has been difficult.
That being said, January has been good so far for a couple of additions to finally be orderable so hopefully the Lusso option comes soon.
In my case I regularly contacted Alfa customer care on their 1-800 number and also on Facebook Messenger to check on the option I wanted before ordering. I found out it was available before it was made public or the dealer actually knew about it. Be persistent if you want answers.
+1, although I used Twitter instead of Facebook. They seem to respond very quickly on social media.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Congrats!

Post some pictures, that will look sharp with black wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Excellent + a big new Alfisti welcome from your Stelvio Posse!

·
Read Only
849 Posts

I reread the presentation I missed this part, I like this mom.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Took delivery of my Ti Sport today! So happy to be back in an Alfa.
Trofeo White w/Red Leather
20" Black Powdercoated Wheels

Thank you everyone for your help.
Now, the feeling and the sensations are good ok like in the past ?
May you compare this new Alfa with the old one ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Had my first outing today – leased my Stelvio on February 23 but it has been sleeping in my garage for most of the last two weeks. I took 3 friends to the AACA museum in Hershey - any forum members within striking distance (scalewoodman and Phillyalf) should definitely check it out if they have not already. The Stelvio was fantastic, fast, comfortable and tracked like a locomotive – really exceeded my expectations, especially since I had 3 passengers on board. A few things small fun things that I noticed – the windshield wiper arms are “engraved” with the Alfa Romeo name and my clock adjusted itself for daylight savings.

Great vehicle so far…really great.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Had my first outing today – leased my Stelvio on February 23 but it has been sleeping in my garage for most of the last two weeks. I took 3 friends to the AACA museum in Hershey - any forum members within striking distance (scalewoodman and Phillyalf) should definitely check it out if they have not already. The Stelvio was fantastic, fast, comfortable and tracked like a locomotive – really exceeded my expectations, especially since I had 3 passengers on board. A few things small fun things that I noticed – the windshield wiper arms are “engraved” with the Alfa Romeo name and my clock adjusted itself for daylight savings.

Great vehicle so far…really great.
Excellent + one of my favorite haunts. Fall and Spring Hershey + the Concours at the Hotel are other opportunities. Glad you enjoyed the ride. So much hope to catch up sometime- yours would have been the first - still- I have seen on the road. We need to get together.

There is a museum in Philadelphia as well highlighting Alfa Romeo history. We need a meet and greet asap!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts