Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

looks like we are the ground breakers for the stelvio forum. I picked up the 2018 Stelvio ti sport with pretty much everything except the sunroof.

So far all is well, start stop hasn't made any problems, however I turn it off mostly, as I like to speed away from stop and this adds lag.

Handles crazy well and the 20" wheels are ok too...I'm looking to match the QF sizing with 21" F 255/40 and R 285/30, we'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Same set up in gray...have you noticed lag from start in "N" mode. Assuming turbo rev issue (never owned a turbo period). Stelvio is total badass, most responsive vehicle I have ever owned, screw Macan's :) I have driven 1000 miles on heavily trafficed SF Bay area roads and NEVER seen another...I like that.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Basic back with the carbon fiber accents. Inventory was fairly limited. I purchased from a dealer in Sacramento and this as the first TI Sport with 20s they had seen. Might of liked the red calipers instead of black, but the overall look is great.

Skeptical about reliability (first Italian car I have ever owned).....we will see.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
congrats,
regarding turbo lag, it will exist on any vehicle with a turbo, unless there is also a supercharger. just the nature of the beast - be glad you didn't experience turbo lag from the late 70's.

Marzio, "legal" won't be an issue for different DOT approved wheels - he will have to pay attention to clearance depending on tire selection.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice color.
I went for the Stromboli Grey Ti Sport. I also did not get the sunroof but I also opted not to have the navigation installed. In Dynamic mode my stelvio is like a rocket ship. A very slight hesitation and then BOOM!!! I noticed more of a lag in "N" Normal mode. I have not tried "A" eco mode yet.
I am curious to try the auto rain sensing wipers though. The manual says you need to "bump" the wiper arm to activate. Seems a little vague. I will play with it and see what happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good stuff, what color interior did you go with?
Yeah its nice, I went with the red sports interior...very italian haha

Great goal, well done.

Are you sure that the qv rims are legal on standard stelvio ?
Yeah as some one stated if they are TUV approved then DOT is not an issue, I think I will go with the same size set up as the QV display vehicle but in a different wheel sourced here in the US

Same set up in gray...have you noticed lag from start in "N" mode. Assuming turbo rev issue (never owned a turbo period). Stelvio is total badass, most responsive vehicle I have ever owned, screw Macan's :) I have driven 1000 miles on heavily trafficed SF Bay area roads and NEVER seen another...I like that.
Yeah the N mode is also a conservation mode, so I suspect the timing and valve mapping must change to be more docile which would improve gas mileage.. but yeah dynamic is where its at! I want a QV now!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great goal, well done.

Are you sure that the qv rims are legal on standard stelvio ?
Oh and that gray exterior looks excellent, yeah even if the QV 21"wheels were not DOT approved, No one would ever know or check, our states aren't strict regarding aftermarket parts on cars.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey everyone,

looks like we are the ground breakers for the stelvio forum. I picked up the 2018 Stelvio ti sport with pretty much everything except the sunroof.

So far all is well, start stop hasn't made any problems, however I turn it off mostly, as I like to speed away from stop and this adds lag.

Handles crazy well and the 20" wheels are ok too...I'm looking to match the QF sizing with 21" F 255/40 and R 285/30, we'll see how that goes.

Probably the best picture I've seen of a black Ti sport. My car should be here in another 2-3 weeks. Ordered same color fully loaded including sunroof. We went with the black/chocolate interior. Your picture has me seconding guessing my rim choice. I went with the 19" 5 circle. I may ask them to swap tires and rims. Good luck with the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Pat, even the 20s for me are a bit too narrow, thats why im looking into 21x10.5 for rear and 21x9.5 for front. The QV looks just perfect with its 21s. No matter the wheels you will like it and it turns heads and gets questions in most parking lots!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Basic back with the carbon fiber accents. Inventory was fairly limited. I purchased from a dealer in Sacramento and this as the first TI Sport with 20s they had seen. Might of liked the red calipers instead of black, but the overall look is great.

Skeptical about reliability (first Italian car I have ever owned).....we will see.
Carbon Fibre on a Ti? Nice
I specifically asked my dealer for that and they told me it couldn't be done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts