Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a big difference between the 2... Trying to make a decision before making a purchase very soon...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
But upgrades to speakers will be easy. I keep saying to try with a non compressed source. You may be surprised!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
But upgrades to speakers will be easy. I keep saying to try with a non compressed source. You may be surprised!!
I have plenty of non compressed music and it still sucks in my opinion. The clarity is alright but it's all mids and nothing else. It's ok if you're listening to talk radio or oldies, maybe some classic rock or anything that's midrange heavy such as acoustic but any type of more modern music is not good.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Is there a big difference between the 2... Trying to make a decision before making a purchase very soon...

The $900 you spend will definitely upgrade the horrible base system that comes with the car but IT IS NOT a premium sound upgrade. Far from it. You do get more speakers in the car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Agreed on the upgrade not being premium, but I've been driving a loaner for a few days without the upgrade and it is a noticeable difference, having the extra speakers is worth it. Now, if you never drove the upgrade you probably won't notice the difference, but to me it is worth it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
That is why we run the mid settings at -3 to -5. Treble at zero. Bass at ~+4-5. Take your pic with Surround v Stereo. Much does sound better in stereo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it me or does the stock system sound better than the upgraded HK system? I don't know if there's something wrong with my system but I'm in a loaner base Stelvio and the stock system knocks vs mine which is the TI Sport with the HK system.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Frankly, I find the standard system using streaming Google play or the USB to be fine...plenty loud and if I dial in the eq ..it is OK. I have a full on Bose system in my GMC Canyon and it really isn't much better. Didn't buy the Stelv for the stereo :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts