Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
lol, someone needs to talk to their web designer!
hitch.jpg

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
if you have to take the bumper cover/fascia off, which I think you do, be REALLY careful.
apparently the little plastic clips that hold it in place are easily damaged and not readily available.
Marzio (or others) may have first hand knowledge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Stealth hitch installed. It's nice!

Just got my Stealth Hitch installed. Looks good! The only thing that's really visible is the connector for the trailer lights. The guys who installed it said it was well-designed, and the instructions were clear (it was the first hitch they had installed on a Stelvio, naturally). They apparently had no issues with the wiring harness that came with the hitch. They did have to cut a small section out of the plastic underneath.

Also, it turns out that the hitch replaces an aluminum bumper support. Not sure what to do with that now. It must be worth something to a body shop, right?

I haven't actually towed anything with it yet. I'll update with any issues once I get my boat in the water.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey do you have a pic with the hitch installed? I cannot see it under the rear bumper. I went on line and see the Tow package. Did you install at dealer and for how much?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey do you have a pic with the hitch installed? I cannot see it under the rear bumper. I went on line and see the Tow package. Did you install at dealer and for how much?
Picture is attached. You can see the electrical plug connector to the left of the hitch. I did not have the dealer install it; actually, it didn't occur to me to ask them. I called around to various hitch installers and ended up paying $337.50 (the installer told me that it would probably be cheaper for the next guy, now that they've done one). The other quotes I got were $500 to $700, which seemed like a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
what a clean install. I could do this for my bike carrier, wouldn't need the wiring. You mention they did have to cut some of the plastic. how much cut and where was it cut, not part of the silver fascia was it?

Picture is attached. You can see the electrical plug connector to the left of the hitch. I did not have the dealer install it; actually, it didn't occur to me to ask them. I called around to various hitch installers and ended up paying $337.50 (the installer told me that it would probably be cheaper for the next guy, now that they've done one). The other quotes I got were $500 to $700, which seemed like a lot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had one installed for my bike rack as well, without the wiring. It's a very clean look, and there was no cutting required to my knowledge.

The back of the vehicle is exactly the same look as prior to the hitch install. Very nice system.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had one installed for my bike rack as well, without the wiring. It's a very clean look, and there was no cutting required to my knowledge.

The back of the vehicle is exactly the same look as prior to the hitch install. Very nice system.
The picture is the best I could get from underneath. You can see the trapezoidal cut they had to make (the dimensions were shown in the included instructions). It is on the horizontal section of the bottom, so you can't see it unless you look from below. Notice the electrical connector is screwed to the plastic, so I'm going to be careful not to yank on it too hard.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
thanks very much for the pic!!!

The picture is the best I could get from underneath. You can see the trapezoidal cut they had to make (the dimensions were shown in the included instructions). It is on the horizontal section of the bottom, so you can't see it unless you look from below. Notice the electrical connector is screwed to the plastic, so I'm going to be careful not to yank on it too hard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts