Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a Stelio about a month ago and I really like it. The one continuous problem I’ve had is connecting my iPhone, especially to use Google Maps or Apple Maps. I brought it in and they said my program was up to date. They thought it was the after market connection wire, I’m now using an Apple Lightning cable and the connection is intermittent.
Is anyone else. Having this problem? Have you found a solution?
Thank you for any advice you can give me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it doesn't have Carplay. All the reviews said it did. I even asked the dealer and he said it would come out later but they will not be retrofitting it for the prior sales. You would think it would just be a programming change.

BTW, I love Northern Italy. I spent some time in Milan a few years ago. You live in a beautiful part of the country.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Yep, I well know about the apple, my question was for clarify why you talk about defective connection during the iPhone run with maps.
Its a power supplì problem via the usb connector ?

And yes, padua is close to Milan and venice, planty of good roads and wonderfull places

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just upgraded my software yesterday since IOS 11 came out and it seems to be working now. Before all of the options didn't show and it would just switch to the radio, without me touching anything. I tried both Google Maps and the Apple Maps apps. Both worked without a problem. I was also able to play music from my iTunes app and it worked well.

Thank you for your suggestions. If it does start up again what would be the fix for the supply problem?

·
Read Only
849 Posts
the internat usb hub can generate a max of 2,5A o 5v so you cannot attach a more powerfull device but the iphone need less power.
when you write down that maps work correctly what do you mean ???
on the device or in another way, like car display ?

·
Read Only
849 Posts
so, your problem is a audio problem or a power problem ?
if you use the maps applications these are the only 2 issues that you can have.
first approach, power, don't use the front usb and use an adaptor from the lighter

second, audio, try the connection from the usb under the armrest and verify is the situation is better

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just ran a couple of errands and used google maps and apple maps. Both worked fine. I had the cord plugged into the front USB. I think the software upgrade must have solved the issue.
I will keep your suggestions in mind if I have any future problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts