Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
I'm brand new to leasing, trying to get my head round this deal. Your help would be much appreciated!

24 months / 10K
MSRP: 50,590.
Sale price: 47K
Rebate: $1k
Trade-in value $7k
Fees $396
Price $453/month
MF: 0.8(?)
RV: 61%

I don’t get how the MF can be 0.8% (did he mean 0.0008?)

Monthly payment isn’t too bad, but wondering if it’s actually not great value due to the 7k trade-in?

Help...!?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hey all
I'm brand new to leasing, trying to get my head round this deal. Your help would be much appreciated!

24 months / 10K
MSRP: 50,590.
Sale price: 47K
Rebate: $1k
Trade-in value $7k
Fees $396
Price $453/month
MF: 0.8(?)
RV: 61%

I don’t get how the MF can be 0.8% (did he mean 0.0008?)

Monthly payment isn’t too bad, but wondering if it’s actually not great value due to the 7k trade-in?

Help...!?
There is a lot of excellent information on leases on this forum. Search for 'lease' and scan/review them.
I think for your case the money factor (MF) is multiplied by 2.4 to get your APR (similar to a car loan) 0.8*2.4 = 1.92%. which is good.
One source on MF:
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/money-factor.asp

You should be able to get a price of at least $43K on MSRP $50.6k. You are already at $46K ($3K discount, 1$K rebate). The trade in value depends on what you are really giving up. If really not very valuable (old) then your you are close to $39K for your price which is good. Without calculations, the monthly payment sounds OK ($453/mo). If possible, check more than one dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gator1. Really helpful. I think the problem is when you put the trade to one-side, it basically becomes a 700+/month deal. So not good...!

Definitely will keep looking. Have actually been surprised how disinterested local dealers have been so far. No proactivity in following up with quotes.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Look further than local.

Lots of dealers are happy to put a car on a flatbed and truck it to you.

If there is a local Carmax location, take your trade to them and see what they will pay, in general they give the best pricing and you might be able to get more for the trade. You also might find out the dealer you went to valued your trade higher than other dealers will, which might make you feel better about the deal if you aren't able to get a better discount....

·
Registered
365 Posts
@ALFAOFFROAD. Good point about other dealers and shopping around for trade in offers. When I traded mine, there were significant differences in trade in value offered.
@James Hidden: It is a pain to sell cars privately, but that is another option. If you price it 'right', it may be a quick sell.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Located here in the Boston area and just got $11,440 off a well-equipped, $53,440 Stelvio Ti Sport. Good deals are out there to be had, although, certain incentives are regional only.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Do not compare 2018 and 2019 prices please.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Considering the closeout deals on a 2018, you'd be foolish to lease one with the 1st yr depreciation already removed IMHO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm starting my car buying adventure and a Stelvio Ti Sport is one of the vehicles I'm considering. Can someone give me their opinion of this lease offer I received from a local Ohio dealer please?

Stelvio Ti Sport lease of 36 months/12k miles per year is $632 with $1107 due and 36 months/15k miles per year is $664 with $1139 due. This price includes tax. The MSRP for the Stelvio is $54,490 and the dealership is taking $9000 off of any of the 2019 Stelvios they have on their lot so this lease rate is based on a final price of $45,490. I am not doing a trade-in and I am also not putting any money down. Am I wrong to think that this is a sub par offer or maybe it's not?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Interesting to note that my dealer has been seeing a steady uptick in sales on all the Alfa products. Yes they have some early adopters with trade ins etc but they are getting good money on the used cars at this point and the dealership is VERY happy with the progress Alfa is making All the ads, postitive press in the rags , test results etc are starting to erase the past history. Hey it got me in a showroom and after a year with an Alfa again, there is now a Maserati in my garage. That is a true conquest sale for the dealership and I am not alone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All, New to the forum and looking to buy a Stelvio. After reading this thread, are people really getting over $11K off of MSRP?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi to All ppl here! New to this forum, new to Alfa community.
2019 Stelvio Ti Sport MSRP $51340 came down to $44000
My lease ## is $490 for 39 mo, $0 down, $2200 at signing.
I'm in Brooklyn, the dealer is Westbury Alfa Romeo.
What is your opinions guys?
Bad or Good?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Compare that to a purchase at 0 down, 1.9% financing. I would NEVER look at any lease with money down. Defeats the purpose of thinking you are using OPM.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts