Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comparison between Stelvio 2.2 diesel Q4 and Mercedes GLC 250 d Coupe 4Matic by "Al Volante" magazine, new win for Stelvio.

Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2.2 diesel Q4 210ps(207bhp) 470Nm (347 lb-ft) [2.2l L4 CR VGT turbo diesel]
Mercedes Benz GLC 250 d Coupe 4matic 204ps(201bhp) 500Nm (369 lb-ft) [2.2l L4 CR bi-turbo diesel]

Stelvio 2.2 diesel Q4/GLC 250 d Coupe 4Matic

0-100km/h (0-62mph) 6"6/7"7

0-400m (0-1/4 mile) 14"8/15"6

80-120km/h (50-75mph) in D 5"1/5"9

100km/h-0 (62-0 mph) 34.4m(113 ft) / 35.6m(117 ft)

combined consumption 14.9 km/l / 14.9 km/l = 35 mpg

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Aside from specs, there's just no comparison between the Stelvio and the Mercedes Benz GLC in my mind. For one, the GLC design just looks boring to me and the firmer sport suspension isn't that forgiving over bumps.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Definitely, until you look at the AMG GLC63 or something. Those things are pretty beastly. But then it would be a different comparison altogether.

·
Registered
146 Posts
AMG is the high performance division of Mercedes-Benz and the QV lineup is the high performance trim for Alfa Romeo models so they're pretty similar in that regard. Perhaps the same could be said for other performance branches like TRD or M for BMW.

·
Registered
139 Posts
They are pretty similar and the power outputs are within a stones throw of each other. But you also have to look at all of the other features and what not that you would get from an AMG model and compare it to what the QV trim will get you. Start comparing prices and see where they relate to each other at that point. Unfortunately at this time, I don't think the 469hp GLC63 has any pricing listed yet.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Probably one area the AMG will be lacking in, which is expected, is handling. Often they don't handle that well but because of everything else good it has going on, most don't care. Stelvio having the background it does in development could give it an advantage here.

·
Registered
44 Posts
AMG is definitely known for more just raw power opposed to handling vehicles. Thus why you rarely see them at track days unless modified. BMW and Porsches, all day everyday you'll find em' there because they are driver oriented vehicles.

Hopefully the Stelvio fits into that category, but seeing as the Giulia is pretty darn amazing on the track, I have high hopes for the Stelvio.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't see any diesel engines listed on the U.S. site so I assume we should see it on the Europe site once the Stelvio goes on sale in those regions.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't see any diesel engines listed on the U.S. site so I assume we should see it on the Europe site once the Stelvio goes on sale in those regions.
It might not be something offered from launch.

Of all models for them to list the diesel should have been it. Last I checked BMW and Mercedes had success selling them.
Having a solid launch is more important, Europe has and will be a good diesel market for years to come.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't see them either. I don't think you can even get a diesel Giulia for the United States either to be honest. I think the diesels are specifically for EU only.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts