Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
How was the Stelvio going around the corners of nurburgring? Never been to that track, though I do wish to visit the notorious track one day.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
the one shot where you are clipping the curb there is air under 7/8ths of the tire, it seems pretty much on rails in all shots, even the rain.... the big question is how early the "controls" kick in. I haven't seen a single shot or video with the tail stepping out, not a bit, not even on snow, which is disappointing.
of course the same applies to 4 cylinder giulias - I really wish they would change "A" mode to "Alfa" mode; more dynamic rather than less!

fingers crossed that the Quadrifoglio race mode will be like the new M5, shutting off the AWD.

·
Super Moderator
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to be honest with you, in the very first moment info the ring, with a lot of rain my idea was slow down, no bad ideas about super speed or warp speed.
But, but, with the Michelin ps4s and With this frame and this suspension geometry I took confidence in 3km, you can see it in the first video on youtube.
The electronics and the stability aids are everytime active and ready but in dynamic mode the car is funny.

I know the ring very well, I have tried so many cars, especially super sports, this 280cv is powerful and stable, fast and gritty. I expect an exaggerated QV

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
yes, from your videos it is apparent that either you know the road well, or you are far braver than the average visitor. I expect a combination of the two.

It is interesting seeing what you pass - and where - which confirms my thoughts that for fun roads, this "SUV" will not slow down or be a hindrance to a sporting driver, and that perhaps the higher seating position will be an advantage over sportier cars sitting lower. Sure, on a racetrack that advantage is negated, but on undulating unfamiliar public two lanes ..... maybe those winged bmw's wouldn't be quite as fast to pass.

being mono-lingual, I have no idea what you are saying in the videos, but enjoy them.

there is a stelvio quadrifoglio nurburgring vid showing the rear coming out in the rain, so it would seem it is less controlled by electronics than the 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I looked around your channel and you posted a video of the Stelvio going through the city, you said something about a software defect?

·
Super Moderator
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, talking about a network data off, bus off, cause something about Battery or ibs. This Cars are very sensible on Battery charge and efficency.

·
Super Moderator
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahahahah... big problem when the acronim are similar.

Into Stelvio and giulia exist 2 IBS

1) integrated braking system

2) intelligent Battery sensor

The second one is under investigation in my car energy network ecosistem

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thought it was the integrated braking system that was having problems. :D The intelligent battery sensor doesn't sounds as bad compared to the brakes.
Couldn't help watching you other videos and it looks like you have access to some dyno equipment. Have you thought about putting the Stelvio on that machine?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Must be nice to be first in line to test aftermarket Stelvio modifications like that exhaust system. Not so secret with those pictures!
Let us know how the Stelvio sounds and feels after the swap.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
from here a "proper" Alfa sound, that one could live with and enjoy.

I guess once you have fake molded plastic engine covers, the graphics are the next logical step - but I like the visuals of Alfa engines before the plastic.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts