Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took off for Chicago to have my first “out of town” trip for the weekend;
I had 1200 miles on her at that point. About 100 miles out the break light came on dash, light warnings started flashing, dash went black, back hatch would not work, power seats frozen, no turn signals, and heat-bun warmers-sterling wheel heat also quit.
I needed to get to OHare airport so continued on to Chicago. The crowning glory was when I couldn’t open the gas door to fill up to get home!! Do you think this is ALL due to a battery or is it possible there is something more serious?
I will be at dealer tomorrow am @8:00 ....if it starts

·
Registered
381 Posts
gas door locked?

Took off for Chicago to have my first “out of town” trip for the weekend;
I had 1200 miles on her at that point. About 100 miles out the break light came on dash, light warnings started flashing, dash went black, back hatch would not work, power seats frozen, no turn signals, and heat-bun warmers-sterling wheel heat also quit.
I needed to get to OHare airport so continued on to Chicago. The crowning glory was when I couldn’t open the gas door to fill up to get home!! Do you think this is ALL due to a battery or is it possible there is something more serious?
I will be at dealer tomorrow am @8:00 ....if it starts
why would the gas door not open? That's odd. There is no mechanism there to prevent you from opening.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Likely frozen fuel door if in Chicago, if you look in go area below the load floor, there is a red rope in the battery area, that’s the fuel door manual release.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
So just to clarify, the central locking mechanism also locks the fuel door? Never realized that of course when refueling the vehicle isn't locked. Good to know.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes that’s correct.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In NJ it is illegal to pump your own gas. Always there is attendant. I have noticed that after shut the car i have to open the door in order to have the fuel door unlocked so that attendant can open and get to the fuel cap. This is for Giulia not sure about Stelvio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts