Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was due to take delivery of my Stelvio on Saturday but two days beforehand I received a telephone call from the dealership to tell me that a batch of cars had been installed with the wrong brake fluid, mineral based fluid used by mistake. Mine was apparently one of those cars and had been recalled even before I took delivery. I cannot find anything on the Internet about this recall, and so now I am naturally suspicious that maybe they have done something in the dealership. Has anybody else had a similar recall?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Nothing from my dealership in Greensboro - mine built in October; yours?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the car in September and it arrived in the country (UK) mid December. Dealership is apparently waiting on an inspection to ascertain whether the brake system was filled with the wrong fluid. Meanwhile my wife didn’t receive her Stelvio for Christmas and now she’s not sure if she wants it at all

·
Registered
536 Posts
wouldn't it be better for them to make sure the brakes are correctly functioning..
It seems hard to believe she'd lose interest in a car because of a week or two delay? **** I waited 3 year for my first elise after putting the deposit down.

I ordered the car in September and it arrived in the country (UK) mid December. Dealership is apparently waiting on an inspection to ascertain whether the brake system was filled with the wrong fluid. Meanwhile my wife didn’t receive her Stelvio for Christmas and now she’s not sure if she wants it at all

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s not the wait so much as a loss of faith in the dealership. There is nothing on the internet about a recall by Alfa, nobody else chattering about it, yet we had a phone call two days before we were due to pick up the car touting the recall as a reason. Just wondered if anyone else had heard anything, obviously not, and that only confounds our fears that we are not being furnished with the full truth. Ours can’t have been the only car that had the wrong brake fluid installed during manufacture?!?

Hope you enjoyed your Elise, not sure why you had to wait three years for it, but I hope it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
536 Posts
good luck, the stelvio's a great car for me so far!

The elise, well, it's because in the US that was the length of time from when they announced it and dealer took deposits to when they were delivered to the US. I actually got the first elise sold in the US, big photo op!! :)

It’s not the wait so much as a loss of faith in the dealership. There is nothing on the internet about a recall by Alfa, nobody else chattering about it, yet we had a phone call two days before we were due to pick up the car touting the recall as a reason. Just wondered if anyone else had heard anything, obviously not, and that only confounds our fears that we are not being furnished with the full truth. Ours can’t have been the only car that had the wrong brake fluid installed during manufacture?!?

Hope you enjoyed your Elise, not sure why you had to wait three years for it, but I hope it was worth the wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Good choice in cars, since we're on an Alfa Romeo forum, did you get behind the wheel of a 4C as yet? Its probably one of the best equivalents of an Elise from another car maker from what I have seen so far, although it can be said the Cayman is another one.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I had a 4C, brilliant car, enjoyed the heck out of it. but not being able to haul a bicycle on it easily only had it for a year. The carbon fibre tub was amazing The 4c is huge value for the money.

Good choice in cars, since we're on an Alfa Romeo forum, did you get behind the wheel of a 4C as yet? Its probably one of the best equivalents of an Elise from another car maker from what I have seen so far, although it can be said the Cayman is another one.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there everyone. I registered on the site to come here and say I've just been told the same as OP. I ordered in September, the car was due 9th December, delayed to just before Christmas. The dealer has told me that Stelvio's are now held until checked for the correct grade of brake fluid. Mine is checked and OK but not loaded yet. Frustrating, but I'd prefer to stop efficiently when it arrives!

Paul.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi there everyone. I registered on the site to come here and say I've just been told the same as OP. I ordered in September, the car was due 9th December, delayed to just before Christmas. The dealer has told me that Stelvio's are now held until checked for the correct grade of brake fluid. Mine is checked and OK but not loaded yet. Frustrating, but I'd prefer to stop efficiently when it arrives!

Paul.
Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I checked my VIN and it showing 4 recalls on my Stelvio Bringing it to dealer on thursday. And my cluster had a warning sign saying that no front sensors available wipe front sensors and i did but nothing is happening. When i back up camera shows back but front sensors going on lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts