Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Pads are only 40-60 bucks. Pretty damn easy to replace. nuff said. can't do this on your smaat phone. Firm high speed braking, contrary to what many think, typically does not fry pads............roughly driven cars that require chronic ESC intervention will fry brakes fast!!! Adaptive cruise is a prime culprit BTW!!! That shitty system is like your grandmother with her left foot on the brake pedal constantly.

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
792 Posts
I rotated my tires yesterday, and with close to 30k, the rears are thinner than the fronts, based on my highly accurate and scientific eyeball method, comparing them to looking at the new pads in my office, it looks like the fronts are about 50%, now I won't run them down to the metal, so I'm going to say there's about useable 40% of the pad left.

Having recalibrated the measuring equipment and looking at the new greenstuff pads I got from EBC, I would wager my life that I have about 30% left there.

YMMV, tests completed in the cold, with a headlamp, and only nytril gloves from HF.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
#1 cause of brakes being chewed up is adaptive cruise cars. I am shocked how much time is spent braking as the adapptice tries to deal with the inconsistent idiot in front of me. I am also noticing adaptive waves on highways these days culminationg in the panic stop guy at the rear far more than i used to. Inj traffic , I calculate I brake roughtly 75% less than the low speed adaptive crap. It can only see the bumper in front of it. I see several cars ahead.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts