Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone spec'd the cargo rails on their Stelvio? If so, what's your thoughts on them; worth having? The corresponding eyelets (PN 71808391) seem rather expensive (£108.14!!!) Has anyone got these as well?

I'm also keen to know if anyone has had cargo rails (PN 50903579) retrofitted if they didn't spec them from new? Are they easy to install?

Cheers,
Tilum

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Has anyone spec'd the cargo rails on their Stelvio? If so, what's your thoughts on them; worth having? The corresponding eyelets (PN 71808391) seem rather expensive (£108.14!!!) Has anyone got these as well?

I'm also keen to know if anyone has had cargo rails (PN 50903579) retrofitted if they didn't spec them from new? Are they easy to install?

Cheers,
Tilum
Mine came with the rails already installed along with the 4 eyelets and a cargo net that lays flat. I have yet to actually use it though as I'm not sure what I would use it for. If I put a suitcase or something back there, I don't feel like that needs to be tied down. What I would like is to find something that would help secure grocery bags but I can't really seem to find any accessories for the rails yet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was actually interested in getting these also; assume its a fairly easy install. Problem is, it sounds like parts are slow to come to the US. I've been in contact with 2 dealerships and they both are unable to get any firm availability on parts yet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine came with the rails already installed along with the 4 eyelets and a cargo net that lays flat. I have yet to actually use it though as I'm not sure what I would use it for. If I put a suitcase or something back there, I don't feel like that needs to be tied down. What I would like is to find something that would help secure grocery bags but I can't really seem to find any accessories for the rails yet.
Thanks for the feedback 'sweetness'. In response to you not finding anything that would help secure grocery bags, have you tried/seen the official Alfa (Mopar) Cargo Rails Organizer Divider (PN 50903600) - see attached pic - it looks as though you just slide it up/down the rails to a desired position, and that the eyelets aren't needed for this.

What are the eyelets like? Are they easy to install/remove/adjust? Are they made from cheap, nasty plastic, and look like they may break at any moment, or are they high quality, well-designed items?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers,
Tilum

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was actually interested in getting these also; assume its a fairly easy install. Problem is, it sounds like parts are slow to come to the US. I've been in contact with 2 dealerships and they both are unable to get any firm availability on parts yet.
That's my thoughts too - do I order the car with the rails, or order them without and decide to fit them later if I feel I need them. I'm hoping the original 4 anchor points (in the 2 boot floor strips) can just be unscrewed/unbolted and the rails fitted in their place.
As for parts, it sounds as though you know the parts that you're after, but just can't get then yet in the U.S?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I included it in my order because I figured it would be handy, but will have to wait and see how to best make use of it. at worst the eyelets can be used to hold open cardboard boxes in place, and stuff like bags could go in them.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks for the feedback 'sweetness'. In response to you not finding anything that would help secure grocery bags, have you tried/seen the official Alfa (Mopar) Cargo Rails Organizer Divider (PN 50903600) - see attached pic - it looks as though you just slide it up/down the rails to a desired position, and that the eyelets aren't needed for this.

What are the eyelets like? Are they easy to install/remove/adjust? Are they made from cheap, nasty plastic, and look like they may break at any moment, or are they high quality, well-designed items?

Cheers,
Tilum
Oh that's interesting. That might actually work well so my grocery bags don't slide around. I contacted Mopar online who sent me to Alfa Romeo support to see what accessories I can get since almost nothing is listed on their site yet. They told me to contact the dealership's parts department. That will be my next step.

As far as the eyelets, they are really easy to slide up and down the rail and seem pretty solid, made out of metal but I haven't played around with them a lot yet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi 'lost',
Are you still waiting for your car to arrive? If you've got it already, what are the eyelets like? £108 seems like an awful lot just for 4-off 'anchor points'!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh that's interesting. That might actually work well so my grocery bags don't slide around. I contacted Mopar online who sent me to Alfa Romeo support to see what accessories I can get since almost nothing is listed on their site yet. They told me to contact the dealership's parts department. That will be my next step.

As far as the eyelets, they are really easy to slide up and down the rail and seem pretty solid, made out of metal but I haven't played around with them a lot yet.
Here's a link to the Stelvio Alfa/Mopar accessories brochure, hope you find it useful:-
http://www.mopar.eu/Resources/restyle_2016/catalogs/it/accessories/mopar-stelvio.pdf

Thanks for the feedback sweetness. Can the eyelets be easily removed, e.g. when putting a boot liner/mat down on the boot floor?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
yes, Tilum, still waiting. I have a vin so I know it's built, but who knows when they will be ready to fill a boat.

I got a few questionable options, just guessed they might be handy, or if I ever sell it apparently car play is important to some - I don't know what it is but I ordered android and apple because it takes up so many threads here and on the giulia forum.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Here's a link to the Stelvio Alfa/Mopar accessories brochure, hope you find it useful:-
http://www.mopar.eu/Resources/restyle_2016/catalogs/it/accessories/mopar-stelvio.pdf

Thanks for the feedback sweetness. Can the eyelets be easily removed, e.g. when putting a boot liner/mat down on the boot floor?
Thank you, that brochure is very helpful!

I believe the eyelets can be easily removed. If you look closely at the picture of the rail, you can see a small section of the track where the opening is a little wider. I believe you just slide the eyelet there and it comes right out. I will confirm tonight when I get home. Also, I know I've seen some rubber cargo mats that are designed to lay in between the rails so you have the protection plus you can still use the rails at the same time.

·
Registered
88 Posts

Cheers,
Tilum

You can buy the cargo management system here for about $62. https://moparonlineparts.com/mobile/alfa-romeo-stelvio-cargo-management-system-p-8042.html

Along with this item too for about $42. https://moparonlineparts.com/mobile/alfa-romeo-stelvio-cargo-management-system-p-7334.html.

I don't have the cargo tracks in my car so instead, I got a cargo mat and foldable bins where I place groceries in to keep it from scattering all over the place. Crate on left of picture is unfolded and right side is folded.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
Honestly I don't see myself using them-- first task was remove them so I could install a rubber mat and provide a smooth surface for my dog (Rottie). I wrapped them up in foam and stored them in the handy dandy compartment on the right side of the cargo area. But you never know. I do keep an assortment of nylon straps just in case as well as a couple of black moving pads folded to cushion and protect things from the sun/prying eyes. Good luck + enjoy your Stelvio!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can buy the cargo management system here for about $62. https://moparonlineparts.com/mobile/alfa-romeo-stelvio-cargo-management-system-p-8042.html

Along with this item too for about $42. https://moparonlineparts.com/mobile/alfa-romeo-stelvio-cargo-management-system-p-7334.html.

I don't have the cargo tracks in my car so instead, I got a cargo mat and foldable bins where I place groceries in to keep it from scattering all over the place. Crate on left of picture is unfolded and right side is folded.
Thanks for that SocalStelvio. They're certainly cheaper from that U.S. site than the UK prices, however the cost of importing to the UK will probably wipe out any savings compared with buying direct from a UK dealer.

Honestly I don't see myself using them-- first task was remove them so I could install a rubber mat and provide a smooth surface for my dog (Rottie). I wrapped them up in foam and stored them in the handy dandy compartment on the right side of the cargo area. But you never know. I do keep an assortment of nylon straps just in case as well as a couple of black moving pads folded to cushion and protect things from the sun/prying eyes. Good luck + enjoy your Stelvio!
That's very interesting to hear. One of the reasons for me (potentially) not speccing them is that I also have dogs (3 x rotties!!!) and want to be able to quickly & easily install/remove a mat / boot liner, hence wishing to know if the eyelets can be easily removed.
Were the cargo rails easy to remove? Are you now not left with (2-off) long gaps where the rails were? Are you able to take a photo of what the boot (trunk) floor now looks like (without a mat in place)?

...I'm half tempted to not spec the rails, and that way I'd get the original carpet trim with the 4 anchor points, and then buy the cargo rails separately if I want/need them. And then if I don't need them, I can remove them again and put the original carpeted strips (w. anchor points) back in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Greetings everyone! I have the sliding rails and the horizontal net. I use a cargo net that is vértice which I hook on two bottom rails and then attach it to the two plastic hooks up above the cargo area. That gives me a cargo bag of sorts that I drop my groceries into. The cargo bag I use comes from my 2015 Toyota Highlander. You can order them on Amazon. Good luck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks DrM. Is there any chance you could take a photo of your cargo set-up?

Cheers,
Tilum

·
Registered
377 Posts
rails w/cargo net

My Stelvio Ti came with the rails and the cargo net. I use the system a lot since I'm able to lay the grocery bag (or any other item) flat then adjust the net according to the size of the bag.

The net can also be easily removed when necessary.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Attached are some pictures of the rail. It's flush with the rest of the floor so you could easily throw a rubber mat over or buy one that fits in between. The eyelets are pretty sturdy and very easy to slide around or take out of the rail. You just press and hold the center black square and that allows you to slide it around. Once positioned you let go and it locks it in that spot. Really easy to use.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's really helpful, thanks Sweetness.
Your photos not only show what the 'eyelets' look like, but also that the rails are just installed via a few bolts.

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
Tilium: supreme taste in vehicles and canine companions! One of the things that was important to me in the vehicle search was low liftover height at the tailgate. Some of the better SUV/CUVs have very high platforms, not very dog-friendly (nor convenient for owners for that matter). The Stelvio design is superior in this regard and the cargo area is great with one or more of the seats down for our dear aging Lola. The only compromise is in the coupe-like slope of the rear hatch however she doesn't seem to mind. I would have preferred a more square design but it is a small issue.

First thing I did was remove the cargo clips, roller cover and attachment to the tailgate, stowed for a future owner. The wagon (I think you would say 'saloon') configuration is my preference.

Sorry for the repost and not the best pic, but Lo is happy back there and the lip is 'bed height' LOL

She is getting along in age so getting her in and out is a priority. They age so fast.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts