Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa Romeo's new Stelvio will be competing against a few heavy hitters in the same segment including the Audi Q5, BMW X4, Jaguar F-Pace, Mercedes-Benz GLC, and Porsche Macan.

How does everyone think it'll do?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think the F-Pace and Macan have a pretty big following on them but until I really see more on the Stelvio, it'll be hard to compare them. The GLC I heard are plagued with issues so there goes that lol.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think the X4 will be shut out from most comparison from future owners like ourselves since just from a design perspective alone the X4 just doesn`t cut it. Everything else fits right in, the Audi is on the lower end but the rest are right up there.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yea.. the Audi is on that entry level, sort of getting in there kinda feel. The X4 just lacks personality and taste in my opinion which is why I didn't even bring up those two in my prior reply. With this being a competitive segment, only the strong survive and some of these guys just aren't up to par anymore

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Macan will be the Stelvio's main rival as it already has a huge following and they're a very common sight around my area. See a few of them every day in various colors even though I personally think the front is pretty hideous.

Could boil down to a battle of brand awareness even if the Stelvio has better performance.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What about the Jaguar F-Pace? It may not compare to the Stelvio QV, but it can compete with the more standard stelvio engine options as it has a maximum power of 247 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If the Macan is competition then the F-Pace is definitely competition as well. Just makes sense.

But in terms of brand awareness, at least here in NA, Alfa Romeo is very under-dog like in that situation.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thought I could piggyback on here since this is somewhat relevant. The Alfa Romeo Stelvio is a 2018 Motor Trend SUV of the Year finalist and it'll be up against these heavy hitters for the title:

Chevrolet Traverse
Honda CR-V
Land Rover Discovery
Subaru Crosstrek
Volkswagen Atlas
Volvo XC60

The Volvo XC60 is pretty well equipped and could be the Stelvio's main rival.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Stelvio does a lot of things right from the way i see it. They touched on a lot of key things that people are looking for, design, performance, prestige, capability, practicality... all wrapped in a package that performs like its sedan sibling. The rest are lack luster.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
price is largely dictated by volume, which certain manufacturers limit to assure exclusivity and a high price.

the stelvio quad is a stelvio, which is a giulia, so there are a lot of production advantages which translates into a realistic price.

the stelvio Q is going to be lighter and smaller than the lambo, and as a result I expect a more sporting vehicle - provided the Race mode allows you to steer with the throttle as God intended.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts