1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
Repost- but our Lo loves the 'Italian Jeeps' - she exits + hangs out at the back waiting for a ride. My 'dog of a lifetime' getting near the end.
Wife is spry though LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let's see your dogs!

Here's my mutt:

Got this cargo cover on the advice of a co-worked. Seems decent

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZJOLBQ/

Still looking into cargo barrier options since I guess Alfa has no OEM option. Any recommendations?
I just bought a Stelvio and want to outfit the cargo area for my 50-lb dog (read: protect it from his Velcro white hair). Is the cargo liner from Amazon that you posted still working out well for your dog?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Response to the old Doggy thread.
BB Quad 650.jpg
In my Giulia QV I used the Alfa rear seat protector S0547083 and it worked great even with the carbon seats we traveled cross country with our Irish. The Giulia is gone and we would like to get a Stelvio now, the same rear seat protector fits according to Alfa.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really want to take my dog, but he thinks he "owns" the backseat of any vehicle we are in, and goes from side window to side window looking out. I'm wondering if the rear seat carrier you have pictured (Alfa 50547083) will.... a). keep him from getting to the side door sills just below the glass and accidentally marking them with his feet/nails while looking out & b). the height of the canvas wall against the front seats being high enough to eliminate the urge to jump over and onto the armrest and then to front seats. Looks awesome tho.

Genuine Mopar Rear Seat Cover - 68353607AA | Mopar Genuine Parts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really want to take my dog, but he thinks he "owns" the backseat of any vehicle we are in, and goes from side window to side window looking out. I'm wondering if the rear seat carrier you have pictured (Alfa 50547083) will.... a). keep him from getting to the side door sills just below the glass and accidentally marking them with his feet/nails while looking out & b). the height of the canvas wall against the front seats being high enough to eliminate the urge to jump over and onto the armrest and then to front seats. Looks awesome tho.

Genuine Mopar Rear Seat Cover - 68353607AA | Mopar Genuine Parts
That MOPAR rear seat cover seems to be the same as we had, price I thought was very good and they discount now.
The sides are zippered so the cover protects the door panel and at destination you unzip the Alfa logo panel, let it drop to protect the door sill and pup comes out. Our setter after a few hours on road liked to put her head on the center console but once we had this cover it cured that. All dogs and personalities differ but it worked for us, we kept leash, water bowl, big bag of dog food and water on the floor behind front seats and it was still easy to access.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any one here have a Stelvio QV, dont know if base Stelvio is same as QV or not, that could give me a measurement from the ground to the top of back seat bottom?
The GQV was easy for our 7 year, 50lb setter to get in and out of. I am sure the SQV seat bottom is higher off the ground and would like to get a reference difference. Gets harder for dogs and people to get in and out with age. ha-ha

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Maybe you need lowering springs?
Looks like 27 or 28, without getting a level out haha.
More roomy if you fold the seat down, and you could carry a little stair set to easily enter the hatch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you,
That is 27 to 28" with rear door open from ground to top of seat bottom on a SQV?
That will help.

Maybe I am stuck in sedan thinking and need to open to hatch thinking.
That does brings up more ?s.

1.On long road trips if dog is in back and seats are down does Alfa have a way to protect back of front seats.
2.What about luggage, stair set, dog bags, camping gear ect. does Alfa have quality stops/nets to secure that stuff from the dog.
3.with seats down is there a shield you can pull over the storage area to keep prying eyes from your stuff?

Thanks again,
Bob

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Yes, rear door open, measured to ground. But eyeballing from the tape measure to the seat top.
#3 there is a shade cover from behind the seat backs (when up) to the tailgate. It is removable, whether the seats are up or down.
#2 there is a 4 point (adjustable) cargo net in the convenience package- but it extends across the width of the back, so if there is stuff under it it will be secured from sliding I to your dog, but if your dog decided to shred it ..
#1 I cover the backs of the seats, door panels etc with a beach towel. Dont know if alfa has anything special, but no doubt any upholstery shop could make you whatever you want.
Between the seats splitting and folding, and the net, and a bit of thought depending on day trip or long trip, how much stuff etc, it's going to be way easier than sticking a big dog in a bag in a giulia.
Our dog is small, but I've had big ones that got old. When it gets to the point where you are picking them up to put them in and out, and they want to lay down, you'll appreciate the hatch more.
Although if you are camping etc youll really appreciate the easier loading anyway.
Edit - if you haul a lot of stuff, with the roof rails you could do a Romney haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ha-Ha, I remember the Romney deal, may have been an Irish too, smart that was not!
Thanks for your help, will look into the above

1 - 18 of 18 Posts