Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been the same since I spotted my first Stelvio about 2 months ago. I can't get this beautiful car off my mind.

I live in southern California where you see lots of shiny, high end cars. I love that Alfa is not spotted in every parking lot.

My love for the Stelvio is like labor pains... they are getting closer. I have an 2015 A3 Cab with 10K miles. Paid for.

If I trade in the A3 would you lease or buy? Any feedback to my build?

tiSport
Vesuvio Gray or Stromboli Gray?
Red Leather Interior

19" 5 hole wheels or 20" Sport Wheels? Wish they offerred a 20" 5 hole wheel!
Red Calipers

Navigation
Sunroof
HK Audio
Packages?

Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have not been the same since I spotted my first Stelvio about 2 months ago. I can't get this beautiful car off my mind.

I live in southern California where you see lots of shiny, high end cars. I love that Alfa is not spotted in every parking lot.

My love for the Stelvio is like labor pains... they are getting closer. I have an 2015 A3 Cab with 10K miles. Paid for.

tiSport
Red Leather Interior

Red Calipers

Navigation
Sunroof
HK Audio
Packages?

Thank you.
I love the Vesuvio Gray with the red interior. That's what I wanted to order originally, but my son hated the color so I went with the Alfa white with red interior and red brake calipers. Definitely get the 20" sport wheels since you want the Ti sport. I'm having the dealership paint my wheels gloss black when my car comes in. You should get the navigation, Apple carplay, sunroof and the performance package.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have an 2015 A3 Cab with 10K miles. Paid for.

tiSport
Red Leather Interior

Red Calipers

Thank you.
I cannot assist you on buy vs. lease. I keep my cars 8+ years so lease is an expensive option for me.

I have both the Stelvio and an Audi S5. I cannot imagine dropping my S5. If you can, I would keep the A3 Cab, and get the Stelvio too. But please know I am now trying to squueze four cars into a three car garage using a Backyard Buddy. I'm just unable to let go of cherished vehicles.

Like you, I wish the 5 hole wheel came in 20" size. Alfa may be holding that wheel back for the Quad Stelvio.

But as consolation, you may be able to order the 20" Ti Sport spoke wheel in anthracite, which I think is nicer looking than the silver.

All packages are useful to me, except the Driver Assistance ($600) package that adds lane change warning ( I turned it off) and auto head light dimming (just not a big deal).

Your red leather interior is awesome. There are enough Stelvios around that you should be able to see both grey colors with the red interior. Colors are in the eye of the beholder.

And lastly, I am so happy that women are finding the Stelvio so alluring. I intended to seriously look at the Porcshe Macan S (stripped, options are crazy high priced) but my wife decided the Stelvio was for her- and it is her car.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
We will all celebrate when the stork delivers it to you! Welcome.

Reactions: Black Stallion

·
Registered
534 Posts
I've always liked a contrast between body colour and wheels. Dark paint / silver wheels. Lighter paint / black wheels.

If I didn't go red exterior I would have done the Stromboli Grey with black wheels.

Have some fun with it, what colours have your last few vehicles been?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I actually like both of the two packages mentioned previously - the driver assistance and automatic headlights. In the Mountains (see gallery), I got the auto headlights dialed in on that drive, and they worked great for cruising the curvy mountain roads at speed; using the paddles and not having to worry with the bright lights was great. Add to that the 3D map, and driving a curvy road through the mountains at night was really fun. That was an all D drive, for sure! :devil

As for the driver assistance package; the adaptive cruise control works great and is easy to use, and I do use the lane change warning at night on the road. I also like the early collision warning, and have managed to set it off a few times already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts