Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove another Stelvio TiSport today. Those labor pains are getting closer together. It is just a matter of time. My first Alfa Spider was Black, the second Red. So its a White Alfa TiSport with 20" Wheels .Powdercoated Black and Red Calipers. A few questions:

1. Alfa White or Trofeo White?
2. Regular or Sport Seats? Dealer didn't have any Sport Seats to test.
3. Any negotiating tips? How much to negoatiate off MSRP? I don't want to be a jerk.
4. Any must have options? Wish the Stelvio had a leather dashboard.

Like others have mentioned, I want Alfa to succeed. They make beautiful cars that stand out from the crowd. Glad to find this forum.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Leather dash is available, just not on the online configuration. $995 option in the US.

I prefer the sport seats. If you like bolsters they are great, if you don’t like the feeling of being “pinned” by the seat then they aren’t for you. They are very similar to premium Recaro seats in Japanese halo cars, but a little more yielding. They are very like the WRX STI seats in my experience, except much more adjustable.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
The cherry on top is Conquest Cash- prove ownership of 'other' and I do believe it was another US$1K. We provided proof of ownership of my wife's A4 (no trade in the deal to keep it clean- I sold the Jeep on Craigslist + had 3 cash buyers in queue).

·
Registered
534 Posts
1. Colour is personal preference. Personally, when I had to decide between Alfa Rosso (included at no cost) or the Rosso Competizione Tri-Coat ($2500 CDN extra) I decided to go Alfa Rosso as the money saved could be put into clear body wrap, paint protection and wheel powder coating instead.
2. I'm a big guy and the Sport seats are "hugging" but their superior range of adjustment was much more comfortable for me to spend time in
3. Canadian, can't help you
4. If you are a sports orientated driver and will want the most out of your Stelvio in corners but still want a compliant ride when you are highway driving, then the Sport Perfomance package is a must have.
Ask your dealer about leather dash, they should be able to order.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
YoMamaDrums;43 1. Alfa White or Trofeo White? 2. Regular or Sport Seats? Dealer didn't have any Sport Seats to test. 3. Any negotiating tips? How much to negoatiate off MSRP? I don't want to be a jerk. 4. Any must have options? Wish the Stelvio had a leather dashboard. [/QUOTE said:
1. $1K difference. My wife loved both. I picked Vusuvio (she was happy).
2. Being 'vertically challenged' @ me 5'5"/she 5' we appreciated the shorter cushion on the regular seats + love the comfort and enough bolstering without being claustrophobic. But for taller people- say 6'+ the adjustment of the seat bottom might be better and if you are a more aggressive driver you might appreciate the bolsters.
3. You save another $500-$1K negotiating + have more leverage if the vehicle is there vs. ordering. Time is on YOUR side so patience and kindness will make them blink first every time. They already know what you know the trick is to make them think you know what they know + they will give more in kindness than you can ever squeeze out of them if you hang in there. Alfa really wants butts in seats + positive buzz in the community.
4. You can get leather dash but not in stock so $1K option will cost you $1.5-2K in real money by loss of leverage. How bad do you want it?

Good luck and a nice Cuban cigar after delivery would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Test drove another Stelvio TiSport today. Those labor pains are getting closer together. It is just a matter of time. My first Alfa Spider was Black, the second Red. So its a White Alfa TiSport with 20" Wheels .Powdercoated Black and Red Calipers. A few questions:

3. Any negotiating tips? How much to negoatiate off MSRP? I don't want to be a jerk.

Like others have mentioned, I want Alfa to succeed. They make beautiful cars that stand out from the crowd. Glad to find this forum.
1. Color's personal, pick what makes you happier
2. Definitely sports, unless you're a "bigger" guy. bolsters on the sports seats are really nice, more adjustability, more comfort, thigh support, and a softer headrest
3. deals and incentives are always changing, suspect you'll get a better deal than those of us who bought last year just due to inventory numbers.
4. for me, it was Ti Sport package, sports seats, sunroof, HK sound system (get a drink and read the thread), and no driver nannies. You may feel differently.

·
Registered
275 Posts
1. Alfa White unless you have $2200 to burn. Trofeo White looks "meh" in person and totally not worth it IMHO. Pick another color if you want metallic.
2. Sport seats
3. Go to one of the bigger dealers with a lot of cars on the lot to move
4. Nav, static and dynamic packages

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
"no driver nannies'
perhaps less intrusive or apparent with the ti sport package - but still there.

even the quad in race mode shifts power to the front when "excessive" loss of rear traction is induced, a form of nanny.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I bet there are sport seats that can be seen in person, given the larger number of Stelvios available at most dealers.

Try looking in the window of every Stelvio on the lot and you'll likely see two different seats. Use the window sticker to identify which is which.

I am 6-0 and 205 and just love the way the sport seats grip my sides- kind of like a side hug from a gorgeous woman. :wink

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
"no driver nannies'
perhaps less intrusive or apparent with the ti sport package - but still there.

even the quad in race mode shifts power to the front when "excessive" loss of rear traction is induced, a form of nanny.
was specifically referring to the auto braking and lane departure warning systems... while I would love to disable the TCS nanny and have more fun sometimes, unlike the other nannies, a false activation of TCS simply limits available power for a second. False activation of emergency braking or lane departure systems designed to prevent minor accidents, could potentialy cause serious accidents.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
the auto braking can be set to a minimal level, which apparently is much more satisfactory than the standard setting.
I guess when everybody's big concern for a new car feature is carplay and texting, the manufacturers respond ...

·
Registered
65 Posts

I chose to pay extra for the Trofeo White, personal preference...I think the metallic is gorgeous

Personal preference for sure... I chose regular because that's what was in the car I liked.

My dealer in DFW, TX is advertising $5,495 & $6,495 off MSRP plus $1,250 conquest and $1,000 affiliate.

I've got a bunch of stuff on mine that I don't know how to use or haven't attempted to use yet... I'm sure I'll take the time to learn at some point, it's just way too fun to drive!

·
Registered
26 Posts

1. Trofeo White
2. Sport seats offer very tight bolstering but have good thigh support, if you on a slender side I would say go with sport seats
3. They have over 4k in incentives - I got mine at invoice Ti Sport fully loaded this past weekend, aprx 49k - seems like very motivated to break through the market
4. Definetely 8.8 screen with Apple Car play, if you can get Lusso package (better leather plus dashboard in leather). I think Ti sport come pretty loaded

·
Registered
381 Posts
Alfa negotiating tips?

Do your homework and then some. Research the internet and see what other dealers in your state and nationwide are offering and read the fine print. Do not be afraid of sounding like a jerk! Some dealer salespeople can be REAL jerks, too - so you'll fine.

If you have a trade in, check CarMax. I got $3000.00 more on an outright buy than what the Land Rover dealer offered, lol.

Come in with your bank or credit union approval if your financing. My CU saved me thousands!

Last but not least, usually the last day of the month is ideal for car buying. Managers want to make it a better month than the previous month and they'll stretch a little more on that day. (the GM of the Alfa Romeo dealership where I bought mine acted like he just hit the lotto)

Also, check this post: http://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/55-alfa-romeo-stelvio-ordering-purchasing/2129-purchase-discounts-fca-affiliates-reward-program.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
Alfa negotiating tips?

Last but not least, usually the last day of the month is ideal for car buying. Managers want to make it a better month than the previous month and they'll stretch a little more on that day. (the GM of the Alfa Romeo dealership where I bought mine acted like he just hit the lotto)

Also, check this post: http://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/5...-discounts-fca-affiliates-reward-program.html
So true.. We worked out a great deal and our stressed he can only do it if we did it that day.. The last day of the month..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts