Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I special ordered a base awd Stelvio with a few extras back in early February for $43k which seemed like a reasonable deal at the time.

Fast forward 3 months and theres only vague info available on the status of the order. I've read Alfa is opening the factory for 3 days this week to produce backorders and then may shut down again for months due to the virus, summer vacation and lack of sales.

The current incentives from FCA seem like a better deal at zero percent interest if the car is produced. Alfa sales have been so poor that there is no recent pricing history to research...so my question is would you renegotiate the deal or just start over?

TIA for your thoughts....
YMMV...

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
See if what you want doesn't exist at a dealership already and try for the lowball before you cancel. deposit????

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would cancel first, then negotiate for an existing one. I am near Seattle and if you want a 2019 they are very willing to deal. If you want a 2020, then less so. The difference in the lease was $300 a month more for a 2020.

·
Registered
5 Posts
what percent discount could one expect on a purchase vs a lease for an in-stock Stelvio? If it makes a difference, I am considering a TI Sport.

·
Registered
2 Posts
what percent discount could one expect on a purchase vs a lease for an in-stock Stelvio? If it makes a difference, I am considering a TI Sport.
I received not quite 20% off a 2019 TI Lusso vs $5,000 off on a 2020 TI Lusso. But my 2019 was fairly heavily optioned including $2500 Trofeo White paint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been following an italian Alfa website and I believe the factory will produce all their back orders through tomorrow.

I havent gotten a return call from either Alfa or my dealer confirming that but it seems as if I have more info than they do.

If I dont have a vin number by the end of the week I guess I will go to Plan B since I want a 2020 MY. Now I have to develop Plan B....

I would cancel first, then negotiate for an existing one. I am near Seattle and if you want a 2019 they are very willing to deal. If you want a 2020, then less so. The difference in the lease was $300 a month more for a 2020.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Prob up to 25% off at this point, esp for a 2019 now. I got my 2019 in 2019 for 22% off MSRP. I think you can nego same whether lease or buy. However, leases are easier for the dealer to hide profit, so if you are not experienced with lease nego then I would suggest buying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts