Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
The amp is in the rear luggage compartment somewhere in the subwoofer cabinet. I doubt there would be adjustment on it.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Relatively easy access and easy upgrade. May consider if I do a sub.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
So the wiring harness is already there (standard system), correct? It might be interesting to find a plug-and-play solution or if anybody upgrades make a deal on the original unit? Interesting possibility.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So the wiring harness is already there (standard system), correct? It might be interesting to find a plug-and-play solution or if anybody upgrades make a deal on the original unit? Interesting possibility.
Are you sure ?

I have the electrical schematic for the audio subsystem.

The cable connection for the standard system is very different from the other systems. As you can see, the audio source is (P020), connected to D020, located at the front right. In the standard audio, the speakers are connected here. In the HiFi system, it is connected with long cables to the back (D316) and then to the amplifier (P070).

Can anyone check if this path exists and there is a D316 connector at the rear ?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Not sure of anything! Thanks for the input + look forward to more comments.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Next month, I will try to find the D020 connector. It must be under the glovebox. If I find it, I will check if there is a cable to the trunk.
If not, a Match M 5DSP amplifier can be installed in some place near it.

Let me know if you have more information.
Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bad news...

As you can see in electric schema. Front Tweeters are connected before D20. So an external amplifier must to be connected at P020 exit, connector A ( see pictures in previous post )
I can't find any adaptor to this connector, and it's very difficult to reach it.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi.

I asked to AUDIOTEC FISCHER GmbH and they say that the adaptor is PP-AC 88
I'll try to verify it by taking a picture in my car.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Having done this on my MKC with Premium audio a year ago, if you upgrade the sub and therefore, reduce the draw on the rest of the system due to "pushing" the bass levels, you effectively improve all the mid/highs that don't overdraw the stock amps. That is my eventual plan if I can get the media center software to behave.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new here and have bought a Stelvio as well 3 weeks ago. ;)

I was trying to locate this connector under the glove box but I couldn't find it there. Is it somewhere else hidden?
The reason why I am asking is, that I've bought an aftermarket radio with touch screen which looks completely similar but with android 7.1 and touch screen. This radio has this P020 or PP-AC 88 connector as well.
Please help if possible to locate this connector.

Thanks,
Eli

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi, I'm new here and have bought a Stelvio as well 3 weeks ago. ;)

I was trying to locate this connector under the glove box but I couldn't find it there. Is it somewhere else hidden?
The reason why I am asking is, that I've bought an aftermarket radio with touch screen which looks completely similar but with android 7.1 and touch screen. This radio has this P020 or PP-AC 88 connector as well.
Please help if possible to locate this connector.

Thanks,
Eli

Did you buy the Chinese one with android? please share what you think about it...maybe you are the first one to have it:devil

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hola Angel... thats a Brico/DIY nível ninja...
Felicitaciones!!!

I seriously would like to upgrade the factory sub... but its not as simples as the old times.
Are you near Portugal/Lisboa... :grin:grin:grin:grin

Hi.

The connector is under the small glove box at the driver's side.
See:

It's at the top of the audio audio unit ( grey box ), at the right you can see my new amplifier.

Take a look to my DIY posts:
( It's in spanish, but you can use google translate )

https://www.alfistas.es/foro-alfistas/threads/car-audio-stelvio-mejora-del-audio-b%C3%A1sico.55363/
https://www.alfistas.es/foro-alfistas/threads/car-audio-stelvio-mejora-del-audio-b%C3%A1sico-ii.55708/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts