Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I added a Jaguar emblem to my F-Pace gear shift knob that I feel adds to the look of the vehicle and I would have to think some enterprising Chinese fellow would see the potential for a comparable Alfa Romeo emblem to jazz up the plain knob in the Stelvio but I have yet to discover such an offering.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ugh, I hate that it's shiny, too. Terrible choice of material/finish - it should have been a nice matte textured plastic, like BMW's. It's actually one of the 'little things' the really bugs me.

I thought about having an exact-fit circular piece of matte adhesive vinyl cut to put on it, may still do that. Problem with a cover with a design is that it 'turns' so if its logo, etc it'd end up being pointed in a weird direction most of the time. May not bother some, but would me.

I'd really like to see either of soft-plastic, matte insert/cap or a 'metal' one, something better matching the rest of the rest of the interior and yeah, without the fingerprints.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Ugh, I hate that it's shiny, too. Terrible choice of material/finish - it should have been a nice matte textured plastic, like BMW's. It's actually one of the 'little things' the really bugs me.
there's a rumor that despite the fact the software doesn't support it yet, that the actual hardware there is a touch sensitive control pad. It is actually touch pad on some of the Q models, and someone on the Giulia forum said the actual dial hardware was the same, leaving open the (remote) possibility that it will have the touch support added with a future software update.

That's why it's shiny :wink

·
Registered
25 Posts
there's a rumor that despite the fact the software doesn't support it yet, that the actual hardware there is a touch sensitive control pad. It is actually touch pad on some of the Q models, and someone on the Giulia forum said the actual dial hardware was the same, leaving open the (remote) possibility that it will have the touch support added with a future software update.

^This. The function is described in the owners' manual.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ordered a custom sized circular screen protector to cover it from bestskinsever.com. If I measured correctly 51mm should fit nicely. I'll post an update on how it looks after I receive it.

Custom Size Circular Skin (2 pack)

The custom sized screen protectors arrived last weekend. 51mm fits perfectly. It's not noticeable and resists fingerprints much better than stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I seriously doubt this, but I'd happily stand corrected if it comes to fruition.

NOT so. My last car - a BMW 435i GC, had the latest-gen iDrive knob. The touch-pad knob surface was pretty cool - it recognized letters, numbers and several gestures with impressive accuracy - and was beautifully matte surface finished. It does not need to be shiny, certainly not for functionality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts