Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
it's a no brainer -

This was posted over on the Giulia forum. A white Alfa Stelvio used as a getaway car, anyone here? :)

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...Maryland-Schools_Washington-DC-469051903.html
Heck, how may white Alfa Romeo Stelvio's have been sold in Maryland, Virginia and D.C,?
Probably less than 25, lol.

There has been only 2,721 YTD Stelvio's of all colors sold in the US.

Any rookie detective should be able to get DMV registrations that match the car very easily.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Hmm, criminals are not the smartest are they? Lets take one of the most rare, exotic and easily identifiable SUV's on the market at the moment, and commit a crime in it somewhere certain to have lots of cameras!

on another note, I love the reporters attempt to describe the grill at the end!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
This thief has exquisite taste! Talk about a stylish getaway.

I suppose it's a stolen vehicle. So people actually steal Alfas? LOL
Seriously, this is a good question:

Can a vehicle, like the late model Alfas with the smart key that appears to require relatively close proximity to the car for the car to function, be stolen without the key?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Seriously, this is a good question:

Can a vehicle, like the late model Alfas with the smart key that appears to require relatively close proximity to the car for the car to function, be stolen without the key?
I viewed a video a few days ago showing a Benz suv being take from a driveway, I believe it was in the UK. The the 2 crooks had electronic devices. One crook stood by the suv holding one device the other crook walked up to the side of the house with another device. The device by the side of the house picked up the rf signal from the key fob and past it to the device next to the suv. You could see the suv’s lights responding and they opened the door and drove off. All of that took just a couple of minutes and was caught on the homes video camera.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I own one of the two Alfa Romeo cars in my city and surrounding cities so I best not commit any crimes and try a getaway in my Stelvio.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts