Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Stelvio is arriving this month. Can't frackin wait!

At the same time, I'm wondering what type of mechanical/electronic problems should I expect? Judging by everything that was posted in the Giulia forums (different Alfa model, different website) I'm a bit anxious. Especially for the early production Stelvio's.

Are there any Stelvio owner's in this forum willing to share ECM trouble-codes, break downs, etc?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi tipo949 - only have 120 miles on the odometer but so far, no issues with cold starts, electrical or mechanical gremlins here in the Pac NW. I'll share any thoughts/issues if and when they occur. Would like to hear from other owners that have had the car for a longer period of time, though!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far the problem feedback response is quite amazing compared to the Giulia's.

Of course, Lexus owners must be laughing at this post. But who cares? The Alfa Romeo Stelvio incites a passion in a car I haven't felt since my old Porsche....

Please keep the responses coming - good or bad!

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my 2018 Stelvio, red metallic, etc. Im in Canada, and apparently there are a lot of Stelvios in stock. Just wondering what manuals other owners received with their car. I got the User guide, and the quick start quide, but no owners manual and the Information and entertainment system guide. I see you can download these from the Alfa website, but I thought there would be hardcopies included with the car? Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got my 2018 Stelvio, red metallic, etc. Im in Canada, and apparently there are a lot of Stelvios in stock. Just wondering what manuals other owners received with their car. I got the User guide, and the quick start quide, but no owners manual and the Information and entertainment system guide. I see you can download these from the Alfa website, but I thought there would be hardcopies included with the car? Thanks

Gary
Hi Gary - you should have gotten all hard copies of the manual. Assuming you have checked all of the door pockets, have you checked the trunk/boot in the floor tray where your tire repair kit or spare tire would be located? If they are indeed missing, you should be able to get replacements from the dealership or at least they would have found an extra set lying around that belonged to your vehicle.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Have had my Stelvio(Sophia) for 2 weeks and 600 miles. So much fun. Can't wipe the smile off my face:big-grin
Hopefully it stays that way. Did you get any new car things done to it like paint protection? Don't know how soft or hard this paint is and the abuse it can take over time, probably the best thing we can do as new owners.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2500 miles on my Ti and no real problems. Only a super annoying issue with the park sensors where they stay active (and beeping) while the car is in "park". Seems like all the cars have this issue.

·
Registered
37 Posts
2500 miles on my Ti and no real problems. Only a super annoying issue with the park sensors where they stay active (and beeping) while the car is in "park". Seems like all the cars have this issue.
yes, I read that in an Italian owner review as well (with the help of google translate!). Hopefully, they'll fix it soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I spoke too soon. Currently have the "Auto Start/Stop Disabled" warning light up after about 500 miles. Have read it could be a few things from the Giulia forum (either hood wasn't closed properly, which would be my fault, or the car is running older software). Will let you know...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
first problem

Well, I spoke too soon. Currently have the "Auto Start/Stop Disabled" warning light up after about 500 miles. Have read it could be a few things from the Giulia forum (either hood wasn't closed properly, which would be my fault, or the car is running older software). Will let you know...
Please keep us posted on your issue. You would think that FCA/Alfa Romeo would be concerned with things like this. Especially since their sales expectations are so high...

Reactions: Lombard Chariot

·
Read Only
849 Posts
75% battery, 25% firmware upgrade. check battery status.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Please keep us posted on your issue. You would think that FCA/Alfa Romeo would be concerned with things like this. Especially since their sales expectations are so high...
The warning light cleared after re-shutting the hood. Will see if it pops back on. For now, we can consider this user error.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had mine for 1000 miles. No mechanical problems whatsoever. The Guilia problems may have helped, since the mechanical elements are very similar.

The only problem I've had is getting kicked off the infotainment Bluetooth, if I'm listening to music on my iPhone and I accept a phone call. This just happens with Apple Maps. Google maps work fine. I think this may be an apple problem.

The driving is amazing. I have a smile on my face every time I get in.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
While mine is back at the dealer (http://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/241-stelvio-complaints-issues-problems/2282-stelvio-shop.html), I also added a service ticket for this as well as the 12v socket briefly powering off at stop/start cycles.

I'm hopefully picking it up tonight, If they have anything to add on this annoyance I'll be sure to update everyone. At least it's officially been logged as a service issue / complaint somewhere in their system.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My brand new Stelvio had no power yesterday. I jumped the car and charged the battery now everything is fine. The re-start reminded me of a 1980’s computer re-boot.
I did notice the rear boot lights are always on and the sunroof is not operating. I will have Alfa pick up the car. I want a new battery and the boot switch replaced. This should not be happening on a $80k car.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts