Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a video of just some of what goes on in the production factory for the Alfa Romeo Stelvio.

·
Registered
149 Posts
that is the most advanced production factory I've seen so far; large touchscreens, watch communication apps, phone apps, etc.
It's the new age of production.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Too bad this doesn't tell us much. What they should do instead is explain some of the nuances of the process. There's always something interesting with every special car like this. Surely, little details like that will be appreciate here. After all we buy AR because we want more.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some sort of voice over that explains even briefly what the specific machines are for would have been great. But it truly is the most advanced production facility I have seen through video and it's amazing to see the level tech they use to assemble each and every one of these. Really inspires the feeling of driving something state of the art. I know it's probably nothing extremely fancy but I was hoping to see a little of the painting assembly line as I just find something very satisfying about it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm just surprised to see 3D printing being used on an industrial scale for production cars, doesn't seem like it's all that fast, but those pieces will no doubt be very precise.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I find it interesting that their watch has a KO option. That's either used when someone gets injured and need medical attention or if a Stelvio needs to be scrapped for whatever reason.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not too sure if it's for that, you see how they have one screen that says OK with a green background and a check mark, the KO screen is red background and an X which I think would just be.. this is not okay and doesn't pass spec or something and someone would have to come and fix it?

·
Registered
149 Posts
That would make a lot of sense. It seems like nothing goes unchecked, they even have that white device to test out the wireless phone charger in the center console.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just noticed that the steering wheel had a a red button instead of black, so that model was probably a testing prototype to fine tune the production line or it could have been the QV.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Unless it was a parts bin thing they did just for this process before bringing in the official stuff. Plus by now I think they should have production models as top priority, prototype phase sort of passed a while ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts