Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have been lurking on the Stelvio and Giulia forums for a while now as I've been trying to decide which Alfa was the right Alfa for me. Well, today I finally pulled the trigger and I could not be happier. I am now a proud owner of a new 2018 Stelvio QV in Trofeo White.

The Giulia QV was my dream car but with impending life changes coming soon, I was urged to look at a car with slightly more space. I am happy I did- on the road, the Stelvio drives with more confidence and more presence than the Giulia. I am not a track day fiend by any means, and the added comfort the Stelvio has to me outweighed the very negligible on-road handling deficit. On the road, in real life, at peri-legal speeds, this car still handles better than my father's C7 Corvette and is close to my old Boxster.

Big props to Russell Westbrook Alfa Romeo in Van Nuys, a true no-bullshit dealer who gave me an unbelievable deal on this car- $26k off MSRP, with no hassle and total transparency throughout the entire interaction.

I am excited to join this community and forge into the next part of my life with this enchanting, hilarious and total nut job of a car by my side.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Ha! I find myself comparing the Stelvio to my old Boxster also.

Obviously massivly different characteristics due to the center of gravity being much higher, not mid-engined..etc, but the willingness to rotate and way it handles transitions between corners is way more similar than should be possible.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha! I find myself comparing the Stelvio to my old Boxster also.

Obviously massivly different characteristics due to the center of gravity being much higher, not mid-engined..etc, but the willingness to rotate and way it handles transitions between corners is way more similar than should be possible.
Agreed, I was extremely surprised to be feeling Boxster vibes in rotation and transition in an SUV.

Springs was going to be my first mod but with how sublime the steering is I'm afraid I'll mess it up!

·
Registered
15 Posts
very nice....congrats

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the kind words!

I've put on 800 miles in the last week of ownership and love this car more every day. Have noticed a few things, though...

1. The carbon seats are not comfortable. I am 5'8" and I feel like they were made for someone taller than me. The lumbar support does not hit my back low enough, the side bolsters are too high and I can't rest my arms down, I have to bring the seat up and forward a fair amount and there's not enough space between the bolster and the steering wheel to comfortably slide in. Good thing they look so **** good!

2. The car sounds so good in Race mode but very plain in the other modes, but Race mode throttle mapping is just too aggressive for daily use. Forza controller will be my first mod.

3. ACC works like a charm. Weird that it requires me to hit the throttle every time it comes to a full stop in stop and go traffic, though.

4. The Auto Start/Stop Function sucks. The A/C gets warm when the engine turns off and then fully shuts off for a second while the engine restarts. Extremely crude in operation.

5. The gas mileage is truly horrendous. I'm getting 23mpg on the highway with some pretty light feathering in A mode. Mildly aggressive city driving puts me at 13mpg. Hopefully this gets better as the engine breaks in.

Is it still the best car I've ever owned? **** yes. It's so captivating I can't help but laugh at all these bad things and good things.

Justin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats on your new QV! I'm also looking to pick up a 2018 QV. I was going to call Russell Westbrook Alfa Romeo in Van Nuys this morning......any point of contact you can recommend? Sounds like you had a great experience with them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats on your new QV! I'm also looking to pick up a 2018 QV. I was going to call Russell Westbrook Alfa Romeo in Van Nuys this morning......any point of contact you can recommend? Sounds like you had a great experience with them.
I worked with Alek and Aram and they were both fantastic. Alek will be your first point of contact and Aram was the manager I worked with and he was incredibly transparent with the entire process. I will pm you Alek’s number.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That white looks amazing in person. Pics are great but don’t capture how incredible that paint is.
Agreed. This color, much like the Stelvio itself, is very hard to capture in photos, so I’ll be doing my best to take and post photos that capture the stance and presence of the Stelvio, and the pearlescence of the Trofeo White.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts