Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Car and Driver just arrived, haven’t read the article yet but Stelvio Quad won in a comparison against some pretty heavy hitters, Mercedes GLC63S and Porsche Macan Turbo! Can’t find it online but it’s in print, July’s issue, my cover reads “Alfa Romeo Stomps Porsche and AMG”. Likely a different cover at the newsstand though.

Edit: Heading should not have a question mark at the end, lol, not sure what happened.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
I read it twice under the covers with a flashlight and slept with it under my pillow - lol. Alfa has gotten great press support other than a few snarks trying too hard to contrive an angle. Mine arrived yesterday. Of course our more pedestrian Stelvios compare to a kitty cat vs a mountain lion but we have a tail, teeth, and they purr too- a little DNA in common is a good thing!

Attachments

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
"kitty cat"

there's not to many situations where 500 hp can actually be used; I expect in the real world it comes down to stepping hard on the loud pedal vs not so hard. and then there's the 4th mode, but with "excess' power transferring to the front anyway, well that's a nanny of sorts.
although I think it will be very entertaining - and interesting to see what race mode really means with awd and torque vectoring - as with all motor vehicles how it is being driven determines whether it's a nasty kitty cat or a toothless lion.

·
Registered
67 Posts
"kitty cat"

there's not to many situations where 500 hp can actually be used; I expect in the real world it comes down to stepping hard on the loud pedal vs not so hard. and then there's the 4th mode, but with "excess' power transferring to the front anyway, well that's a nanny of sorts.
although I think it will be very entertaining - and interesting to see what race mode really means with awd and torque vectoring - as with all motor vehicles how it is being driven determines whether it's a nasty kitty cat or a toothless lion.
You might want to read posts & video on Balocco, the FCA test track in Italy here:
http://www.stelvioforum.com/#/topics/8090?page=3

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I posted a video from there, through the A pillar, CZ driver.
reality - not many people spend much time there, or on any track. Even less will spend much time on the track with an suv, regardless of how fast it is, because it will cost a small fortune in tires and brakes; speed and weight - unless you don't go fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts