Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forums and didn’t find anything so forgive me if this has been discussed:

Would it be possible to put the Stelvio Quadrifoglio’s standard steel brakes right onto a regular Ti model? The regular Stelvio has the same brakes as the regular Giulia and sometimes I feel that the Stelvio is underbraked. Maybe because I’m not used to brake-by-wire.

I understand that it could be the tires as well, but it’s not that the braking feels traction-limited. It feels like I really need to press the brake pedal a lot to get the car to stop. I have had dreams about it twice so far in my three weeks of Stelvio ownership (not nightmares, just boring dreams of everyday driving and braking beyond the street crossing, for example).

I also know it would be expensive as f***, I’m just wondering if it’s possible and, if so, how complicated it is and how many different parts would be required.

Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give it some more time. It’s a different feel these new electronic by wire brakes. I got use to it and believe me deer jumped out and the car slammed on the brakes faster than I stomped. If after some more driving you could change pads and I’ll let others chime in in that b
You’re probably 100% right. Puttering around some empty road last weekend at about 30 mph I decided to test the brakes. I didn’t bury the brake pedal, but pretty far, like 80%. I literally slid out of my driver’s seat, the car stopped on a dime.

I will admit - part of it is that I want the rear brakes to be Brembos cause I want them to match the fronts :ROFLMAO: But I’m afraid that the Quadrifoglio‘s rear Brembos might be bigger than the Ti’s front Brembos, so I’d have to replace all four or it would look stupid...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you could try visit dealer and ask to check for any ABS updates. there were couple of them, but if they aren't mandatory then dealer can refuse to do it.
newer software makes significant difference how brakes feel
Thanks for this, I will phone my dealer and see if there have been any recent updates. Mine's a 2021 model so I'm not too sure if there have been any since the car was manufactured in November 2020.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts