Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Good luck with parts inventories. The goons in Italy are mixing up parts numbers for Fiats and Alfas. I can't make this **** up. After 6.5 clusterfuck filled months waiting get my car back with multiple parts screw ups, delays etc the final piece...windshield replacement went poorly...why you ask??? because some fn idiot in Turin is putting Alfa parts # stickers on Fiats....Fiat windshields don't fit Stelvios very well. So now the shop has a worst case scenario, a fully prepped for delivery vehicle with no windshield........gettin close to saying F Alfa and folks here know I love them. BTW, Maserati does NOT have this issue........nor are Grecales being built on the same assembly line. The head of parts at all of my dealerships stores is beside himself because Alfa has itself so sheltered from reality you can't climb the corporate ladder for resolution. I found a Stelantis form for Alfa I will light up tonight. Alfa has a week or the love affair is over.
Might have them call safeliite. Had my wife’s Stelvio windshield replaced next day with Alfa windshield. Definitely worth a call

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I did and they do. Challenge is, windshield removed by 1 guy,,,,replace by another, insurance, etc But, after a 10 minute call with the parts manager, I was dumbfounded at the stupidity in Turin!! His comments on Maserati being blatantly superior to deal with was an eye opener. I leave for opening day tomorrow, so they have till Monday to sort things out. If it throws the Xmas tree at me when I get it back, I will know it's cursed

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Parts manager might just be pushing the grecale?
Cursed? Ok, you made a tire/weather/judgement error which created some dragged out repair issues and opportunities for screw ups along the way, certainly takes the fun out of a new car but .

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did and they do. Challenge is, windshield removed by 1 guy,,,,replace by another, insurance, etc But, after a 10 minute call with the parts manager, I was dumbfounded at the stupidity in Turin!! His comments on Maserati being blatantly superior to deal with was an eye opener. I leave for opening day tomorrow, so they have till Monday to sort things out. If it throws the Xmas tree at me when I get it back, I will know it's cursed
Well hopefully its sorted when you return. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio QV, 2023 Stelvio QV
52 Posts
I just added the stripe. What I wanted to get was the OEM mirrors for the actual GTA but since that's a Giulia the fit won't work. I also wanted to avoid mirror caps (i.e. something that goes over the existing plastic).

·
Registered
399 Posts
@pocholin Thank you!! I've had the new one for about 2 weeks. So far, so good. View attachment 28495
Stunning! :) Congrats ! Can you please share what was exactly the problem with your previous car ? I find mostly the problems comes from incompetent dealership in NA and that is very seldom over there. Also there is a lot of waiting time for spare parts in NA.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio QV, 2023 Stelvio QV
52 Posts
@Anunnaki Hey, the whole ordeal was outlined in a previous post of mine a few months ago. In short, at around 4,500 miles I got a P2C33, P2C34 CEL (crank case pressure sensor low voltage). Initially the dealership said they just had to change the crank case pressure sensor. When they went to search for it...it wasn't there. Apparently it's position within the engine was changed in mid 2021 but Alfa had not updated their shop manuals. It took 3 weeks for Alfa to respond to my dealership letting them know where the sensor was. When they changed it, the CEL was still present. Another 3 weeks went by until Alfa responded again and told them to change the BCM. This also didn't solve the problem. Another 3 weeks (yes, seriously) went by until Alfa asked the dealership to check the voltage at 3 wires leading into the pressure sensor (which were reportedly blue, black and red wires). Well, my car had different color wires. Another 3 weeks (yes, I am being serious) passed until Alfa got back to them requesting to do various things here and there, I don't know. In total the car was in service for 126 days while I drove 4 brand new Alfa's as loaners (2 giulias and 2 stelvios). I should also note the entire time the car had this CEL the car drove perfectly (with the D and R modes disabled due to the CEL). Anyway, I finally get the car back, I'm driving it for about 3 days......and the CEL comes back. Ultimately Alfa bought the car back. The problem was a miscommunication between Alfa and the dealership. The time that it took Alfa to respond to our mechanics over here was utterly absurd. AlfaCares was there every step of the way and did absolutely, utterly nothing at all to help me. Zero. But I loved the car so much I got a new one!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Hope you got one heck of a deal on it - I only put up with 6 weeks of factory/US/tech backend forth on mine - but it did give me plenty of driving time in a 4 cyl to appreciate the differences between the two.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Parts manager might just be pushing the grecale?
Cursed? Ok, you made a tire/weather/judgement error which created some dragged out repair issues and opportunities for screw ups along the way, certainly takes the fun out of a new car but .
Thanks dad. Indeed a judgement error compounded by the shitty rubber to begin with. I spent quite a bit of time this fall with ECS and Falkens in cooler conditions and VASTLY superior performance was still available. I believe the quoted term at Tire Rack about pZeros is "GROSSLY archaic design"..............of course, that was just his judgement. I suppose after 40uyrs, the law of averages caught up with me.

I'd say the supply chain caused 4months of my delays and the repair shop the other 2 months....the number of incorrectly labeled parts has been o_O

it seems Alfa communication is still via Pony express.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
"Shitty rubber"
Uhh, although there may be superior tires out there, and pirelli makes tires that are superior for track, winter, and all season, trying to put on a cold weather show on ultra high performance summer tires ... well the results aren't the tires fault.
I read most every test on the sq, including all the UK track/lap record tests, and I dont recall anyone saying the tires were subpar. A few articles did allude to corsas being faster on the track - of course they are far worse in cold weather.
You are an experienced driver, with a fair amount of tire knowledge - not saying anyone can't be caught off guard but I think deciding to put on an early version of ice capades was the issue.
The slow delivery of wrong parts is an entirely different issue, but I guess they use supply chain etc excuses for their errors.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts