Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas of when the new Quadrifoglio will be available in the US ?? I did an internet search.....no results.....hopefully it will be before the end of the year!!!...:wink:wink

·
Registered
149 Posts
We're still waiting for specific dates, but Alfa Romeo did give us a general idea and the Stelvio Quadrifoglio should appear in early 2018. I assume that means the first quarter of next year?

·
Registered
205 Posts
We should have this information at or by this years LA Auto Show. Its in December, although that is a while out from now there's potential for information to come out much sooner.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
my understanding is that you can order, but pricing won't be available for another week.
who the heck would order a vehicle they can't test drive and don't know the price of?

certainly not the person who matches that profile posted yesterday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
my understanding is that you can order, but pricing won't be available for another week.
who the heck would order a vehicle they can't test drive and don't know the price of?

In Calgary, you still can't test drive even the Guilia Quadrifoglio, because there are no cars to test drive. Most that got the original Guilia QV, ordered without knowing pricing and from what i understand there are around 10 people who have put down deposits for the Stelvio QV in town here, even though only 9 are expected to be available in Canada in 2018.

·
Registered
763 Posts

I was taking to the dealer a few days ago and he stated they had a deposit on one for a while now. He also stated for that individual, having the cash was no problem. The buyer wanted to make sure he could get one when ordering was available.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Calgary, guess they at least have road tests, car of the year stuff to rely on. it is surprising that there is so little availability there though, Boston area there are a number of dealers who have quads in the showroom, take your pick.
I remember when Alfas were sold at the side of brasso datson on mcleod trail, and it doesn't seem like much has changed in that regard.

oh yeah, there's people who will order.
my deposit is in, I don't match the "profile" very well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Evidently you’ve never purchased a new Ferrari :eek:
That’s SOP with a new Ferrari purchase

·
Registered
534 Posts
Gents here is the QV order I placed this morning as you can see the system is live
Leather and Alcantara Seats with white and green stitching. That sounds awesome. Post some interior pics when it arrives please.

We were lucky enough to get invited to the demo event in Calgary last year and drove the Giulia Quad then. It makes some seriously awesome noises in Race Mode. Can't wait to drive a Stelvio Quad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just finished speaking to my local Alfa dealership. The dealership placed an order and is asking for 10% premium and $5k deposit. Not thrilled with this, as I don't remember premiums being charged when the Giulia QV was open for ordering.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
When I started looking back in September / October, Alfa of Mamaroneck told me they already had four $10k deposits for the Stelvio QF, without any clue on pricing or availability.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I just finished speaking to my local Alfa dealership. The dealership placed an order and is asking for 10% premium and $5k deposit. Not thrilled with this, as I don't remember premiums being charged when the Giulia QV was open for ordering.
I'd tell them that you're already giving them a interest free short term unsecured loan in the form of the deposit which they hold onto until they are able to place the order, so they can pay you 10% interest on the loan as well.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
"never purchased a new ferrari"

I would say there is a difference between orfering what for many is an investment, often flipped, rarely used, with carefully limited production numbers to assure exclusivity and continued high prices, and a vehicle designed and sold to be driven, where the manufacturer plans on making as many as they can sell.
those who have sold giulia quads have found they depreciate in the first year, and those who don't mind a used one are getting pretty good pricing.

so really can't compare the purchase of the two, really nothing in common from that point of view.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would agree with your assessment.
Alfa purchasers probably use their cars more than Ferrari owners use their rides.
That's why I wanted one of each.
I can enjoy each one for it's own attributes. Just love cars.
Never a dull moment.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts