Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Do you like the mid-pipe pre-resonator?

• No, I’m sick and tired of this damn mid-pipe resonator: freeeeeeeedomm!!!

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Yes, cuz, like, who wants to hear this exotic v6-tt anyway!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ladies & Gents,

I know we’ve a stale mid-pipes thread somewhere, and maybe mods will visit their wrath on me for this thread, but:

Ragazzon stelvio qv h-pipe, to fit otherwise stock exhaust, for $455.46 (assuming unshipped).

let’s just group buy this thing for $400 and let god sort out the details.

I don’t care who we buy it from. Lowest licensed bidder (including shipping) wins. Link below only for reference.

let’s kill the damned mid resonator.

(Ragazzon Performance Centre Pipe Oversize 76mm without Silencer Group N Alfa Stelvio 2.9 V6 QV)

who's with me ?!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I’m in!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m in!
That makes 2! cmon folks, lets uncork this sucker! If we get to 5 I bet folks will cut deals.

anyone have any idea why tubi is so much pricier than Ragazzon?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That makes 2! cmon folks, lets uncork this sucker! If we get to 5 I bet folks will cut deals.

anyone have any idea why tubi is so much pricier than Ragazzon?

(go to 11:07 in the vid)

An example Video what our car would sound very much like, courtesy of a giulia qv with a resonatorless x-pipe. I am not totally sure whether the car in video has an otherwise stock exhaust.

would be nice to get a clip of a giulia with resonatorless x-pipe and otherwise fully stock, in race mode. This is my desired endgame set up. No emissions issues, retain control over volume via forza

(H-pipes for our car might vary slightly but my word, does that sound good!)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are we sure this mod will not throw errors on the dash? Otherwise I'd consider getting it for a reasonable price.
it’s a passive resonator with no sensors, I’m not a mechanic, but no giulia guys have code issues due to mid pipes, and I’m not sure what/how the ecu could know. Even if it did “know”, what would it know ?

that resonator has no emissions or drivetrain functionality. It’s purely a silencer. I’ve had enough of its bs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
it’s a passive resonator with no sensors, I’m not a mechanic, but no giulia guys have code issues due to mid pipes, and I’m not sure what/how the ecu could know. Even if it did “know”, what would it know ?

that resonator has no emissions or drivetrain functionality. It’s purely a silencer. I’ve had enough of its bs.
I wish the video had a before and after sound clip for the sake of comparison

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish the video had a before and after sound clip for the sake of comparison
same.

I may ask gazzella racing and ragazzon to provide before and after clips, with otherwise stock exhaust, in normal mode and race mode.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
because this work week W markets is likely to be so nutty, I decided to reach out tonight Madness and Gazzela about this ragazzon h-pipe. Looks like we have at least 3-4 orders.

also asked both if they could talk ragazzon into making a batch of x-pipes for stelvio qv...

I’ll keep all apprised of info as I Receive it. In meantime, maybe persuade others to join our noble cause

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First reply:

I asked whether the 2 connecting sleeves, plus the mid h-pipe, would fit an otherwise fully stock stelvio qv.

i also asked about a volume pricing.

I will keep you apprised.

·
Registered
29 Posts
with a before and after video (and a clear difference in sound) I'm in. But it has to be a plug and play like that Giulia video. I'm not going to cut and modify pieces and get into plumbing

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
with a before and after video (and a clear difference in sound) I'm in. But it has to be a plug and play like that Giulia video. I'm not going to cut and modify pieces and get into plumbing
Agreed.

I’ve reached out to Gazzela to ask whether a Batch of ”no-cutting” versions can be produced.

I’m also going to reach out to centerline and supersprint, who both make/sell giulia x-pipes, whether they would be willing to make some Stelvio parts.

does anyone know any other shops or manufacturers to consider?

the interest on this thread, and votes on the poll, help our case. Please rock the vote against the evil pre-resonator!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m in for a no cut or weld center pipe that mounts to the OEM DP and muffler..

I posted a thread a while back but never got any traction other than the suggestion to get new DPs.. This would be a great option.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m in for a no cut or weld center pipe that mounts to the OEM DP and muffler..

I posted a thread a while back but never got any traction other than the suggestion to get new DPs.. This would be a great option.
thanks for the show of interest.

I reached out to centerline Alfa and Alfa9supply today. I’ll keep everyone posted.

I include a link to this thread as evidence of demand, so everyone’s participation def helps!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any updates?
nothing yet. Matt from Alfa9Supply replied back saying he’d bring it up w exhaust mfr partners when they next spoke.

I’m talking (remotely) with some fellow members at the Manhattan classic car club to see if the club mechanics or members know anyone who could make up a series of these, or modify anything existing on the market to work as a “bolt-on” replacement.

My wife is due this week and whole NYC area is shut down, but I’ll be in touch with any developments for sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts