Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
You are waiting for regular Stelvio and want to upgrade steering wheel ?

Reactions: Flunx

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are waiting for regular Stelvio and want to upgrade steering wheel ?
I order a Stelvio Super 210hp diesel.
As Alfa don´t do sportier trims as optional like BMW with “pack M” or Audi with “S-line”... I have to improvise.
The steering wheel is one of the mods planned. :devil

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
haha everbody likes different stuff - I ordered mine without the 'plastic" lower, it peminds me of bakelite and stuff they used to use, slippery, and not so nice to the touch as leather wrapped.
I may be the only person on the planet who doesn't go gaga over carbon fiber or push button starting.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wow lost, we are usually sympatico but the steering wheel on my Giulia Quad is a work of art with the Alcantara, Leather, and Carbon Fiber.....

·
Registered
330 Posts
I order a Stelvio Super 210hp diesel.
As Alfa don´t do sportier trims as optional like BMW with “pack M” or Audi with “S-line”... I have to improvise.
The steering wheel is one of the mods planned. :devil
I hope Alfa never creates a "Quad" line ....I think it cheapens the brand and sabotages the high performance models....When I see lesser BMW models with "M" badges I laugh because it is like the company is spitting in the face of its performance fanbase for "M"oney !!!!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
"work of art"
perhaps, but I would have gone gaga if that section was done in spalted bubinga wood or something, along with all the interior trim pieces.
CF is for driveshafts haha

·
Registered
330 Posts
I hear ya...but the new "aesthetic" is Carbon Fiber for High Performance cars...It's like "dark rims"...took me a while to get used to them....love them on my Giulia Quad (but they are not black....the paint on the dark 5 hole rims is more dark grey and they look great)....and I mean polished wood or carbon fiber would feel the same anyway.....no ?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope Alfa never creates a "Quad" line ....I think it cheapens the brand and sabotages the high performance models....When I see lesser BMW models with "M" badges I laugh because it is like the company is spitting in the face of its performance fanbase for "M"oney !!!!
It˜s a valid point of view.
Not mine.
I think it˜s all about sportier heritage line of the brand for the costumers.
Of course it should not be the same as the QV trims, but something in between. Something that give a flare of “cuore sportivo” ... and not a regular rounded stelvio that is equal to all unless QV. Should not be all or nothing.
If the other brand do it and sell... they can˜t be so wrong about engaging fans to the brand. And sweetning the “dream” about cars.
But is only my opinion. :grin

Flavio

·
Registered
330 Posts
Not mine.
Of course it should not be the same as the QV trims, but something in between. Something that give a flare of “cuore sportivo” ... and not a regular rounded stelvio that is equal to all unless QV. Should not be all or nothing.
If the other brand do it and sell... they can˜t be so wrong about engaging fans to the brand. And sweetning the “dream” about cars.

Flavio
Flavio....I like the idea of "Cuore Sportivo"...it should not be Quadrifoglio....and it should mean something....In Alfa's case, I like the term "Veloce"...so perhaps a higher horsepower model....something between 2.0 Turbo 4 Cylinder (280 HP) and the V 6 Twin Turbo (505 HP)...so let's say 375 HP engine with its own unique badging..."Veloce" model....it should not be Quad....this would be a "M"oney grab !!! Leave that to BMW !! FORZA ALFA BABY....
:big-grin

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I'm kinda with Flavio on this - in the US the quadrifoglio means top of the line because of the Milano, although they just called them silver, gold and green. the Spider Quadrifoglio wasn't a performance version, so not much history.
In Europe more of a racing tribute - alfatude maybe, appearing on more models - and people race little cars and slow cars as well as expensive fast ones.

but perhaps the inadvertent translation error is appropriate, it's for the "costumers" as in dress up, which may be a nicer term than the US "posers".

Enthusiasm for the brand is a good thing for all of us.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport. Premium everything. Vesuvio Grey with Red interior
61 Posts
Not mine.

Flavio
Hi Flavio, how about the red Veloce badge? I mean a Diesel Veloce trim would be the upscale sportier (faster) version, like an M Sport Bimmer. And I think they look good as well as unique on my Stelvio... :D

20200527_204530.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts