Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Stelvio Sport Ti 2018 with a cracked rear reflector. I easily purchased a new one from a dealer for around $16 but cannot seem to learn how I can remove the current cracked reflector to install the new one. I have asked the dealer parts department and checked for a body parts installation guide online without luck.

Anyone know the trick to remove existing reflector? I thought about just enlarging the crack and prying but I am a bit worried the new one might not fit or is not correct. It matches the look of existing reflector :|but the part is from Maserati not Alfa Romeo and I am thinking the new reflector may have a difference in the method that is used to insert into the same area if that makes any sense to you.

If anyone knows I would appreciate your imput!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
If so, not going to pry them off myself, but look at the back of the replacements you have...do they have clips or are they smooth.

If smooth, those suckers are glued on (my guess), so pry them off, clean up the residues...like perfect clean, no glue residue or unevenness....then glue the new ones on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Stelvio Sport Ti 2018 with a cracked rear reflector. I easily purchased a new one from a dealer for around $16 but cannot seem to learn how I can remove the current cracked reflector to install the new one. I have asked the dealer parts department and checked for a body parts installation guide online without luck.

Anyone know the trick to remove existing reflector? I thought about just enlarging the crack and prying but I am a bit worried the new one might not fit or is not correct. It matches the look of existing reflector :|but the part is from Maserati not Alfa Romeo and I am thinking the new reflector may have a difference in the method that is used to insert into the same area if that makes any sense to you.

If anyone knows I would appreciate your imput!
Hey Norm -

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue. Need to order the part at my dealer first, but then I'll have to install myself. Neighbor's kid hit a ball into the right rear of my car, and it cracked the right reflector and also the rear tow eye cap that's just underneath.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts