Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like yourselves, all of us in North Vancouver BC are feeling the full effect of the pandemic. One of the first deaths in Canada ocurred less than 1 km from home. So how do we manage through self-isolation and stay sane? I have taken to going for a ride every day. No destination, just driving for the pure sake of driving. There is a windy road to a ski hill that is now shut, has no traffic, and even better, no speed traps. I drive it every day with moon roof open and full blast on the radio. My Stelio, aka Alfie, loves being pushed hard.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our fun's on stop at the moment over here in the UK, essential travel only. Enjoy getting out and about while your able (y)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Same here! Just got back from a 20 mile no destination trip on the most curvy roads I could find. Just to drive and listen to some tunes.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
At a stop in the UK?
I saw a new sq vid this am, stefan or someone over there, commented on it all during the drive.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Same here. I drive where I Iive on Staten Island, from the Verazzano-Narrows Bridge to the Outerbridge Crossing and back, about 20 miles, all highway. We have winding roads too, but the city speed limit is 25.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Our fun's on stop at the moment over here in the UK, essential travel only. Enjoy getting out and about while your able (y)
Yes, I'm doing 5 miles a week at the moment (weekly trip to the supermarket). Got the car on trickle charge to save the battery (I hope!) - or am I frying the electrics ? Seems ok so far.

·
Registered
347 Posts
All the "fun" roads where I am are now closed off to not encourage anyone to come and visit. The Main highways are open and traffic is very very light so its been fun to get out of the house, open the sunroof and enjoy the fresh air and mountain views.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I've been using this as a way to test the battery. I've got a charger..but not hooking it up.

2 years, still on the Varta but my car never sits a full day..till now. So far the longest I've gone is 4 days sitting.

Car started right up...must have the best Varta ever made or something. Starting today I'm going to leave the car unlocked while it sits...see if that changes anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I'm doing 5 miles a week at the moment (weekly trip to the supermarket). Got the car on trickle charge to save the battery (I hope!) - or am I frying the electrics ? Seems ok so far.
I'm usually doing 200+ miles a week but still give the battery a trickle once/twice a month.

·
Super Moderator
837 Posts
Impossible here in Italy, max home distance, with a valid motivation, 200mt.
if you go outside this kind of geo-fence big problem with police and law

·
Registered
118 Posts
Besides the a ride to no where once in a while I've been ordering parts. Just received a Curt hitch and wire harness from etrailer.com and a bottle of The Last Coat to shine her up. DYI projects on my days off since not much else to do. I'm in the grocery biz in upstate NY so still working.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts