Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was supposed to pick up my Stelvio today but the dealership informed me that Alfa Romeo has issued a safety recall and have stopped delivery of all Stelvio models. It apparently is a rear seal that is allowing water into the interior. At this time there is no timing on when parts will be available to fix this problem but for now no Stelvios are to be sold. Anyone have further info on this?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I was supposed to pick up my Stelvio today but the dealership informed me that Alfa Romeo has issued a safety recall and have stopped delivery of all Stelvio models. It apparently is a rear seal that is allowing water into the interior. At this time there is no timing on when parts will be available to fix this problem but for now no Stelvios are to be sold. Anyone have further info on this?
I got the notice on the Alfa APP today about that one and the one on the wipers. I will give the dealer a call on Monday.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I now see 2 recalls on my Stelvio, one of which related to a lift gate issue mentioned on this forum - the other is new as mentioned on this thread....

U34 - The rear liftgate may experience deficiencies in the sealing and water management system in the rear liftgate applique and rear tail lamp that can result in water intrusion and subsequent corrosion in wiring connectors in the rear liftgate wiring harness and the liftgate-opening switches.

U36 - The A-pillar sheet metal joint and plenum sheet metal to the heating ventilation air condition box may experience sealing deficiencies which could result in water intrusion and subsequent corrosion in the body control module A pillar connector and/or body control module component.

·
Registered
536 Posts
what's your build date?
I now see 2 recalls on my Stelvio, one of which related to a lift gate issue mentioned on this forum - the other is new as mentioned on this thread....

U34 - The rear liftgate may experience deficiencies in the sealing and water management system in the rear liftgate applique and rear tail lamp that can result in water intrusion and subsequent corrosion in wiring connectors in the rear liftgate wiring harness and the liftgate-opening switches.

U36 - The A-pillar sheet metal joint and plenum sheet metal to the heating ventilation air condition box may experience sealing deficiencies which could result in water intrusion and subsequent corrosion in the body control module A pillar connector and/or body control module component.

·
Registered
536 Posts
those two for me as well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My build date is 04/17 so I am sure mine will need it also. Such is life with an automobile.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Do you know which build dates are effected ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Do you know which build dates are effected ?
I assume all except just ordered - my dealer has 30 on the lot that are no longer available for sale until the A-pillar issue fixed (and 5 on order that appear on their web site). You can check by accessing the FCA recall site and entering your VIN. Dealer told me that the a-pillar fix is easy and that they will have the parts around April 20.

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/results.html

·
Registered
80 Posts
How are you guys even getting this info? I’ve gone to the Mopar recall site to try and enter my VIN, and nothing happens when I press the “Submit” button - I’ve tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox browsers and nothing happens in any of them.
I also just tried installing the Alfa app on my iPhone, and cannot seem to get past the registration process - it returns a message of “There was an error sending your data. Please try again.” I know my way around a computer - so pretty frustrated.
WTF?

·
Registered
93 Posts
How are you guys even getting this info? I’ve gone to the Mopar recall site to try and enter my VIN, and nothing happens when I press the “Submit” button - I’ve tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox browsers and nothing happens in any of them.
I also just tried installing the Alfa app on my iPhone, and cannot seem to get past the registration process - it returns a message of “There was an error sending your data. Please try again.” I know my way around a computer - so pretty frustrated.
WTF?
Try this link - just worked for me on using Chrome

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

·
Registered
534 Posts
WTF?
I get the same issue, nothing happens when I hit submit either

·
Registered
536 Posts
you can also go to the nhtsa site

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

WTF?

·
Registered
478 Posts
My VIN comes back clean, build would be sometime between 2/10 and 3/23 this year.

So it’s either clean due to not really being in the system since my car is likely on a ship currently or the defects are fixed at the factory post a certain point.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts