Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Alfa Romeo will be unveiling the Stelvio in both standard and Ti trim at next week’s New York International Auto Show, but the model specs has been released ahead of time.

Sitting under the potent Stelvio Quadrifoglio, both the Ti and base models will be powered by a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine with direct injection, making 280hp and 306lb-ft of torque. Coupled with an all-wheel drive system capable of directing 60%of torque to the front wheels and an eight-speed automatic transmission, the Stelvio should be able to accelerate from 0-60mph in just 5.4 seconds and have a top speed of 144mph.

That may not seem like much when compared to the 505-hp Stelvio Quadrifoglio with its 2.9-liter twin-turbo V-6, 3.9 seconds acceleration time and top speed of 177 mph. But the standard Stelvio will still provide owners with excellent driving dynamics.

Another plus is the laundry list of standard features the Stelvio comes with including leather upholstery, HID headlights, rearview camera, rear parking sensors, remote start, keyless entry/start, and a set of 18-inch alloy wheels. MotorTrend says the Stelvio Ti will come with additional features like 19-inch wheels, heated front seats and steering wheel, front park sensors, real wood interior accents and an 8.8-inch widescreen infotainment display. Also offered are optional Sport and Lusso packages with the latter being available for the Stelvio Ti only.

There’s only 6 days left before the New York International Auto Show begins, but we may see live shots of the 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio before then.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Saw that the Lusso package adds accent stitching, a leather-wrapped dash, Pieno Fiore Italian leather upholstery and dark gray or light walnut wood trim. Can't go wrong with more leather in a luxury vehicle.

What models will the base Stelvio compete against?

·
Registered
205 Posts
although the wood trim is said to be real I hope that it looks the part too in person because sometimes they are 100% real but have a finish that makes it look cheap as ever.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hate how they sometimes make real wood look like laminate inside a car. But it should be fine, as the Lusso package comes in dark grey oak or light walnut. Both are hard to mess up.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hate how they sometimes make real wood look like laminate inside a car. But it should be fine, as the Lusso package comes in dark grey oak or light walnut. Both are hard to mess up.
If its for the trade off of trim that will last a life time then i can live with it.
In that case I might black it out, making it piano black, that way its harder to make out the fake look

·
Registered
146 Posts
Piano black is preferred for me as well. It's clean and never really goes out of style like wood grains and adds a look of elegance to any vehicle. I assume Alfa Romeo will offer it in Stelvio, but maybe not the standard trim?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Actually, if this is dark grey oak, then I wouldn't mind paying extra for the lusso package. Not as tacky as I imagined and it'll come with a leather-wrapped dash and upper door trim. Can't go wrong with more leather.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'd actually prefer the wood grain trim as they don't show scratches as much as piano. Accidents do happen and I do like wearing watches as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts