Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched around and couldn't find anything existing so I figured I'd start a thread for any useful tips and tricks you may have discovered about your Stelvio or just general features that aren't obvious where their location is.

Here are some examples:

Favorites - You can set your previous/next selectors to cycle through your Favorites instead of Channels in the settings menu.
Engine Start/Stop - Yes, you can turn it off by pressing the button under the parking sensor on the left side of the dash.
Paddle Shifters - You don't have to be in manual to use them, they work in D also.

Those are some of the more obvious, but stumbled across this gem..

You don't have to put your car in park - just turn hit stop and it puts it in park for you. (not to be confused with the parking break).

Have you come across any tips that have improved your enjoyment of driving?

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you hold on to either of the shift paddles it will upshift/downshift for you through the gears. For example if you are in 4th and hold the downshift paddle it will jump to 3 then 2 and eventually 1 and vice versa...

If you activate the paddles while in Position D of the shifter you can go back to fully automatic mode by holding on to the upshift paddle for a few minutes.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking for a place to put your sunglasses? Theres a storage compartment located under the Auto On/Off & Parking Sensor buttons. It may look like a typical fuse box, but its a small storage compartment.

·
Registered
190 Posts
There is a small hook and string on the left side of the cargo compartment lid when you open it so you can hold it open by hooking it to the door opening.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Or just do nothing and it goes back on its own in a few seconds.
Not necessarily...
If you're coasting it will go back to D pretty quickly, but if you're in a situation like holding a lower gear down a hill, or pushing it on a twisty road, it won't change back to D.
Smart.
It's the first torque converter automatic I have driven that I actually like!

Another tip, which I'm only pointing out because Ham-Fisted Doug DeMuro apparently didn't know this when he did his Youtube review of the Stelvio Quad, is that the indicator stalk has a soft press and a full press.
Full press turns on the indicator completely. A soft press activates the indicator for 3 flashes, and a soft press in the opposite direction whilst indicating cancels the indicator.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not necessarily...
If you're coasting it will go back to D pretty quickly, but if you're in a situation like holding a lower gear down a hill, or pushing it on a twisty road, it won't change back to D.
Smart.
It's the first torque converter automatic I have driven that I actually like!

Another tip, which I'm only pointing out because Ham-Fisted Doug DeMuro apparently didn't know this when he did his Youtube review of the Stelvio Quad, is that the indicator stalk has a soft press and a full press.
Full press turns on the indicator completely. A soft press activates the indicator for 3 flashes, and a soft press in the opposite direction whilst indicating cancels the indicator.
You can also hold the stalk at a soft press to keep the indicator on if you want more than 3 flashes but don't want it locked on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If u don’t need seat memory #3, adjust your side rear view passenger mirror downward and save setting. When || parking, you won’t curb your nice 20 inch rims. Just press 3 and the mirror will go down. Afterwards just press memory 1 or 2 to put mirror back in normal position.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not a tech feature though technologically advanced, from a recent article regarding the suspension

"Sharp steering allied to a great feel through the wheel make both the Stelvio and Giulia fantastic driver's cars and the balance is helped by Alfa's unique Alfa Link suspension - the building block on which both cars sit.

For the technically minded the front suspension is a double wishbone that has two decoupled lower links, hinged at various points to create a scissor-like movement that maintains a linear steering feel and keeps a maximum of tyre on the road.

Alfa has patented the system claiming such an effect cannot be achieved with a conventional single lower link - and the results are some fantastically accurate road holding.

The same is true of the rear suspension with four-and-a-half links - the half being virtual - which allows for the back wheels to be rigid when cornering yet still flexible when going forward. Bring in some clever damping and the ride is out of the top drawer, even on the poorest of road surfaces."

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How do you scroll through favorites instead of the next station?
Its a setting under the radio options I believe. you can definitely choose to do one or the other. I've found that if you hit the "next" button either on the wheel or the volume stick, the first time it will always take you back to your first preset.. So set your favorite favorite to the first slot and you can easily get back to it with one click.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts