Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure anyone needs this for reference, but here is the Mopar part number for the tire sealant that came with the Stelvio: 68377686aa

I had trouble finding this online before.

Alex..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks @dbla. I am ambivalent as to the usage of tire/tyre sealants because of potential damage to the TPMS sensors. I can assume that the sealant that comes with the car has been tested. I read some posts on our forum asking our members for their experiences actually using the sealant, but there were no responses. Perhaps some members that have used the sealant can chime in. Last week I had a low pressure tire (13 psi) and I promptly went to my tire shop (one that I have used for years). The shop owner warned me against using tire sealants. But that's the only option for many members when faced with a flat (of just sit tight and wait for help).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree completely here. I ordered it as I bought my car used and the previous owner used up the sealant. I consider this temporary until I have a chance to source a proper spare tire. I had a gti and a golf r before and had frequent flat tires due to the quality of the roads, so I'm used to changing flat tires and really have no desire to sit on the side of a road waiting for a tow.

·
Registered
344 Posts
There are several forum threads with information on the spare tire kit that can go on the back of the Stelvio @dbla. My dealer quoted me $1500. You can probably get a spare tire that will fit the car without the proper structure to hold it (it fits right on top of the battery as you probably know), If you only get the spare tire and a jack, I supposed it can be secured somehow while you carry it in the trunk/boot but it will not leave much space for anything else unless you get the proper structure that fits the car. I have the same dilemma.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw that post and have the parts list printed out. I might initially order the spare and the jack and stow it under the cargo net. As sad as it sounds I really want the factory fit here and not have a random tire bouncing in the trunk permanently. I did see an aftermarket kit on eBay as well which is much cheaper, but it's still going to sit in the trunk and get in the way.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/183961414968

·
Registered
133 Posts
As far as I am concerned, this is the biggest flaw of the Stelvio Quadrifoglio. A mini-spare is not even an option, as it is with a regular Stelvio. And the tires are not run-flat. One Alfa Owners NA member insists one can assemble a complete spare kit tray from individual parts, but my service dealer says no. The glue pot that comes with the Stelvio Quad is pathetic. I did get a full tire warranty so I will get a replacement if I get a flat, but waiting by the side of the road at night in a snowstorm without a jack or spare is not a pleasant thought.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Agree @harvest. Checking this issue (spare tire) in our forum, I did notice quad owners that successfully bought the spare tire kit with the accompanying surrounding structure to fit snugly and correctly in the back. Prices were not mentioned (or I did not notice).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Gator1: That is interesting and good news! I cannot find that post. If it's handy, could you copy and post here?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi @harvest. The way I found these entries, I searched for 'spare tire' and went through all posts (I think two main threads with about ~60 posts each or so). It does take a while, but I found the post with pictures, etc. I am at an airport now, but I will try to find them later.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@harvest, here are the screenshots with the part numbers and descriptions.

This should be everything. I grabbed these from the other thread and found the parts on the Mopar parts site. Shipping is over $200 though from this particular place.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts