Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few laps with a Stelvio 2.0 280hp at our annual Alfisti 2018 track day (3 days of track driving)

bought the Stelvio a few months later.

p.s: this weekend is our track weekend... will try to make a few more videos

For 3 days of track driving the car was more then perfect... rock solid and very well balanced

p.s: before you ask, I will be driving my small Alfa 147 around 300+hp diesel :) and not my Stelvio but will try to make a few videos for you with Stelvio:devil

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Nice track!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@lost1750GTV

Have been there for around 13 years :)

@Marco,

yes they would as you don't your hands of the wheel but really depends on the driver

@Flunx

Slowly slowly it might become like the 147....but keep in mind the 147 is an never ending project. Hopefully these days or maybe today will start with some upgrades on the Stelvio that will be very well documented on the forum :)

@JimW,

This Stelvio was a demo car of Alfa Romeo Greece or one of the dealers. It was using the stock tires...think they were GoodYears...the driver was the test driver of a Greek car magazine I was the passenger. I will post a funny video of the same track with Guilia :)

This year we brought a Stelvio 280hp but with the performance pack ( Q2 diff on the rear, Shifters and the electronic suspension) again Goodyear tires.... the car (more of a car then Suv) handles extremely well on the track. It was the owners first track day but he has the virus in him now :) so we should see that Stelvio for many track days to come...next time around he wants to put semi slicks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First picture is from last year 2018...the Stelvio Rosso (red) is the one from the video

Second one is from this year 2019 last weekend :) my 147 is second row between the blue Giulia and the 75 with the Sauber F1 flag and me next to it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
@lost1750GTV

Have been there for around 13 years :)

@Marco,

yes they would as you don't your hands of the wheel but really depends on the driver

@Flunx

Slowly slowly it might become like the 147....but keep in mind the 147 is an never ending project. Hopefully these days or maybe today will start with some upgrades on the Stelvio that will be very well documented on the forum :)

@JimW,

This Stelvio was a demo car of Alfa Romeo Greece or one of the dealers. It was using the stock tires...think they were GoodYears...the driver was the test driver of a Greek car magazine I was the passenger. I will post a funny video of the same track with Guilia :)

This year we brought a Stelvio 280hp but with the performance pack ( Q2 diff on the rear, Shifters and the electronic suspension) again Goodyear tires.... the car (more of a car then Suv) handles extremely well on the track. It was the owners first track day but he has the virus in him now :) so we should see that Stelvio for many track days to come...next time around he wants to put semi slicks
Don´t forget to open a thread on the project section.
https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/271-stelvio-projects/
#DieselIsNotDead :devil

·
Super Moderator
770 Posts
the very big problem of stelvio is the brakes, few turns on the track, like monza, imola, misano and the mk c1 report high temperature.

·
Super Moderator
770 Posts
nope, the continental MK C1 dont like the high liquid temperature and start with a warning. engine and oil temp are ok, no trouble with it

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Actually it tolerates it and functions with high temps better than most anything, allowing people to cook the brakes without experiencing fade.
So it needs the lights etc to tell you enough is enough.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts