849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little adventure

Stelvio vs snow..... sorry for Italian but you can watch the situation

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
I can get over this video. This is really you driving that stelvio in the snow on roads like that? Looks like I wont have to worry getting the Stelvio to Maine and Vermont for skiing. The roads and beautiful view are incredible. So jealous. I would go out and drive in that just for fun! And it seems it handles flawlessly in that snow!

·
Registered
74 Posts
How do you like the Conti Winters? Once we make our purchase trying to find out which tire would work best. In my area, we average over 1m of snow per year.

I've run Bridgestone's and Dunlop's on my vehicle with great results. I have Pirelli Sottozero 3 on my wife's Audi and they're phenomenal.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The choice was Michelin continental and pirelli, this time is conti time but I'm not so sure that my choice is the best.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I can get over this video. This is really you driving that stelvio in the snow on roads like that? Looks like I wont have to worry getting the Stelvio to Maine and Vermont for skiing. The roads and beautiful view are incredible. So jealous. I would go out and drive in that just for fun! And it seems it handles flawlessly in that snow!

I drove up from CT to Mt Snow during the snow storm on Christmas day, no issues. Drove out to the Pocono's during heavy snow on Saturday.

Nearly all the time in the snow I kept it in Dynamic and Manual. I liked the heavier RWD bias in D which allowed me to play the traction on the rear wheels a little for fun, knowing that the front wheels were still there waiting to deliver power to keep from getting out of control if I made a mistake. In the snow the Stelvio feels like a RWD sports car when you first apply throttle the rear end gets a little loose and slippery for that perfect feedback of grip under you, then splits the power to the front to keep you from worrying about the rear sliding out. It's the perfect balance of fun and capability in my opinion!

BTW, when I took a car full of passengers out to dinner sat, I kept it in N for better comfort and to keep the women in the car from getting scared, after all it was near white out conditions for part of the drive ;)

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been driving in the Midwest US in snow and subzero temperatures with absolutely no problems. Never thought I would find such a responsive car that could handle snow and ice! So happy!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts