Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the Stop/Start feature has the engine off, the Rear Defrost won't turn on. The seat and steering wheel heaters will turn on, but not Rear Defrost. Makes some sense not to turn on the high current load when the alternator is not turning, but I think it should lie, turn on the indicator, but not turn on the high current load until the engine is running once more. As it is, I get the sensation the Rear Defrost is broken.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
IMO the whole issue is power management and compromises since we all know resistance heating is the greatest power hog on the vehicle and the only consistent issue is charge level of the battery- which would be worse in cold or hot conditions. The seat heaters are not especially warm- my conclusion is for the same reason.

A nice update would be to give priority to the accessories in the algorithm for start/stop protocol. That said, I am learning to disable start/stop under certain conditions (stop and go traffic for example) and this could be another option during icing conditions as well.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Start&Stop Evo is very selective with car components, for my point of view the power off strategy is correct, the final target is restart the car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts